Alright, so I'm writing this song, and so far I've got the verse, and the chorus, but I'm having trouble transitioning the chorus back to the verse.

The chord progression for the verse is as follows (the vertical lines are representing measures):

|---|---|-----|---|
|-2-|-4-|-4-4-|---|
|-4-|-4-|-4-5-|-1-|
|-2-|-4-|-4-4-|-2-|
|-0-|-2-|-----|-2-|
|---|---|-4-4-|-0-|

Those chords being Asus2 | B | G#m7 G#7 | E |
These chords are arpeggiated, the notes being played as 16th notes (its a rather slow song, around 65-68 bpm), but I don't feel like tabbing that out.

And the chord progression for the chorus is:

|-4-|-----|-4-|-2-0-|
|-5-|-----|-5-|-4-0-|
|-6-|-5-6-|-6-|-4-1-|
|-6-|-6-7-|-6-|-4-2-|
|-4-|-6-7-|-4-|-2-2-|
|---|-4-5-|---|---0-|

And the chords are C#m | G# A | C#m | B | E |
These chords are NOT arpeggiated, just strummed with certain rhythms.

The first 3 measures of the chorus are then played a second time, but I can't figure out a way to transition the chorus back to the verse. I'd like to mention that the 4th measure doesn't really work very well.

Any suggestions? Thanks
I'd suggest changing that final E in your chorus to F#minor... I've tried it with a few rhythms and the F# works nicely, whereas the E sounds like a final chord but a harsh ending. Rest on your F# then move to G# (single note) on beat "four" or "four and"

On your verse, change the E again. Chord prog: Aadd9- B- G#m7 G#7- A.... then a move to F#m-G#m6/9-A-B using your bass strings for triads and the A note on the G string is your constant melody for these four chords.

Merely a suggestion. If you don't use it, I def will...
Last edited by evolucian at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by evolucian
I'd suggest changing that final E in your chorus to F#minor... I've tried it with a few rhythms and the F# works nicely, whereas the E sounds like a final chord but a harsh ending. Rest on your F# then move to G# (single note) on beat "four" or "four and"

On your verse, change the E again. Chord prog: Aadd9- B- G#m7 G#7- A.... then a move to F#m-G#m6/9-A-B using your bass strings for triads and the A note on the G string is your constant melody for these four chords.

Merely a suggestion. If you don't use it, I def will...

I'm gonna try that out, thanks

Although, the thing is is that when I started writing it, I was planning on writing it in A major, but now it seems like its actually in E major.... For example, instead of an E chord giving suspense like the V chord should do, a B chord is actually the one that gives suspense, and B is the V chord of E major, obviously. But I'll try out you suggestion, maybe it will sound more like its in A major, like its supposed to be

EDIT: I messed up my first post, damn it... In the chorus, the B and E chords are in the same measure,, both having 2 beats... Not a measure to themselves... I hope that doesn't screw up your idea.

EDIT2: I don't quite understand what you said about changing the verse...
Do you mean like this:

Aadd9 | B | G#m7 G#7 | A | F#m | G#m6/9 | A | B |
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 26, 2009,
Nah, however you want to phrase it comes out cool (preferably aim for 8 or 16 bars)... I wanna hear the final product by the way, pls pm me when you've recorded it. Is that ok?
Last edited by evolucian at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by evolucian
Nah, however you want to phrase it comes out cool... I wanna hear the final product by the way, pls pm me when you've recorded it. Is that ok?

Yeah, that's fine... I'll record a rough version of it once I'm done so you can hear it, but I won't have a final product for another couple months or so, cuz I don't want to record any stuff until I get all the new stuff for my rig... I currently have a Spider III... enough said lol.
I currently have.... Amplitube Fender... and a mercury waves bundle... but that hasn't stopped me from recording. Lol, its cool, enjoy it man
Well, I messed around with your advice and I figured something out for the chorus that sounds pretty good.

C#m | G# A | C#m | B F#major
C#m | G# A | F# | F#, and then the G# single note.

I'm still messing around with some stuff for the verse, but my original verse flows into the chorus the best out of what I've tried.
Quote by evolucian
I currently have.... Amplitube Fender... and a mercury waves bundle... but that hasn't stopped me from recording. Lol, its cool, enjoy it man

At least you have recording epuipment, I record through my computer mic lol. Once I get all my new gear though, I'm gonna start saving for a mini-recording station (I don't really know what its called, but that's pretty much what it looks like lol)
EDIT: It's called Fostex MR8HD 8-track Digital Recorder... Just looked it up.