Hi

I'm looking for a 15 Watt Valve amp. It needs to be:

Versatile - great cleans, nice overdrive, capable of doing Hi-gain stuff but not metal

2-channel, it has to be.

Preferably 12" speaker, but I can consider a 10"

Under £450

And it has to be a combo.

Oyeah, I will consider 20 Watt amps too.

thanks.
If you could save up some more, an Egnater Rebel 20 or Randall RM20 (especially the RM22 that will be coming out in the fall with two channels) would be ideal.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by The Chimney Man
Hi

Versatile - great cleans, nice overdrive, capable of doing Hi-gain stuff but not metal

Uuhhm....
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Laney VC15. Good amp, nice drive channel. Worth a look.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Quote by Sumlover41
Uuhhm....

Think Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert, perhaps, not Cannibal Corpse.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Sumlover41
Uuhhm....

Lol - What I mean is stuff like Muse (Stockholm syndrome, Hysteria) not stuff like Metallica.
Quote by The Chimney Man
Lol - What I mean is stuff like Muse (Stockholm syndrome, Hysteria) not stuff like Metallica.

yeah, Laney's VC15 sounds good to you.

best thing to do, really, is go to a shop and try some out.
Quote by Metlhead443
Crate V18

Only 1 channel. Try the vc15, sound sgreat for what you need.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by The Chimney Man

A lot of alternative bands get their distortion from pedals. The ones who don't, usually don't have tones that different from metal anyways.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I say get a Egnater Rebel 20, and btw most band have there distortion come from pedals.
Your problem is this part:
great cleans, nice overdrive, capable of doing Hi-gain stuff but not metal
You can't get all of that from one amp. You simply can't. The closest you can get is if you buy an amp with a really good clean tone, then use either a dedictaed distortion pedal to replace the amp's own distortion, or an overdrive pedal to boost the amp's distortion. Of course you could also use high-output pickups to drive the amp harder too in place of an overdrive pedal, but then you'll be sacrificing more of your clean tone. Generally, the best plan will be to get a good, clean valve amp, low-output pickups, and then match that with a good, top-range distortion pedal.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Muse uses a fuzz pedal. Get a Blues Junior or something like that and a Big muff.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have a Badcat Hot Cat 15 that smokes anything else I've ever played. Incredible cleans, massive gain tones. Quite honestly, the amp blows away any other amp I've ever played, IMO...
Quote by darkcheef
I say get a Egnater Rebel 20, and btw most band have there distortion come from pedals.

Actually, most famous bands get their distortion from their amp. I know a bunch of local players though that use pedals but I can't think of more than a few nationally known players who use pedals for their main distortion tones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
A good clean amp with a OD pedal will be your best bet for as much variety of tones as you want. I'd reccomend an amp like a Crate V18 and maybe some of those newer Danelectro pedals. Which are pretty good really.
Inb4 Spider III.

I hear the Roland cubes are worth looking at, also crate make some nice amps.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by MrFlibble
Your problem is this part:
You can't get all of that from one amp. You simply can't in your price range and wattage limit

Fixed. the Randall RM100 delivers anything you want in spades, especially with modification and a tube change. but it's $1800 new with 3 modules, and it's 1000 watts (you can take it down to 50, but it still weighs half as much as most guitar players on this forum).

Stupid name.