This may be one day late, but yesterday I went to the music store with one goal.....snag the deal for the Peavey XXL and 4x12 slant cab. Earlier in the week I went looking for the XXL combo, but they did not have the used one that I was looking for. After searching around the back of the store, the salesman made an offer that I could not refuse, XXL, footswitch, and 4x12 slant cab for $500. This ended up being cheaper than the used XXL 2x12 combo so I decided that this was the best buy.

So far, the amp is great and is probably the best solid state amp I have ever played. I was quite surprised that I was playing a solid state when I tried it in the store. The versatility of the amp is great for my various playing styles. Even at lowish volumes, the amp has good tone. All I need now is a noise-supressor and/or an EQ pedal.

Now here are some pics:

MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Awesome deal man, I need a new amp, that looks good, but, I'd rather try it out at a store.

Good find though.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Congrats
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2
Last edited by Core2x at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Core2x
Congrats

thanks. I have been waiting for the longest time to buy a new amp.
MyGear
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
nice amp congrats
i also love ur Schecter
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Congrats on the new amp!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Please tell me you don't actually sit there when practicing. ;P

Congrats on the amp though!
Quote by eXperiment63
Please tell me you don't actually sit there when practicing. ;P

Congrats on the amp though!

only when i am working on techniques that I need to concentrate on. lol. The tapping riff has really weird counting in it
MyGear
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
You should still move it back some from your amp so you hear the actual sound. Sitting that close and high is causing you to not hear some of the highs. The amp sounds completely different even 5 feet back. You're gonna wanna practice where you hear the amp's actual sound so you know how to adjust your EQ.
Hahahaha, I just noticed... Peavey still uses the same exact diamond pattern grill and corners they did way back in the early 90s.
****, that's an excellent deal at that price. HN(u)AD.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by eXperiment63
You should still move it back some from your amp so you hear the actual sound. Sitting that close and high is causing you to not hear some of the highs. The amp sounds completely different even 5 feet back. You're gonna wanna practice where you hear the amp's actual sound so you know how to adjust your EQ.

I've always sat at speaker level and somewhat close to the amp when I adjust my EQ... I thought that was the right way to do it ...........
OH SWEET JEEBUS, linolium floors in your guitar room and you rest your guitar on the floor, you make raptor jesus cry. But OT: i did not know that the xxl's were ss. Good to know. and +1 to the what speakers in that cab question
~Defiant~
Quote by heminder
congrats!

that cab looks killer!
what speakers are in there?

sheffield speakers.

to aurex: I only rested it there for the picture. when i am done playing i hang my guitar on the wall in my room. Also, when i do rest it, it is resting on my dunlop strap-lock buttons that are on the strap itself., no guitar scratching whatsoever.
MyGear
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Last edited by metalhead_c-1 at Jul 26, 2009,