Hello forum

Simply put; does anyone feel guilty playing with effects pedals enmasse? Ive seen a few rigs here that have an obscene number of pedals and I also want to know if anyone can credibly justify the need for it all.

I wonder if they mask the individual sound of the guitarist. Anyone else just enjoy plugging straight into an amp?

x
I enjoy some distortion, but I have no pedals hooked up.
When I get my next amp Ill be saving up for a noise gate, and maybe some delay... MAYBE. And if the sonic maximizer works well, that too.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
i have pedals that i intend to use. otherwise i don't buy them in the first place.
luckily my GAS for pedals isn't as bad as for amps and guitars
Quote by KiraIBZ
I enjoy some distortion, but I have no pedals hooked up.
When I get my next amp Ill be saving up for a noise gate, and maybe some delay... MAYBE. And if the sonic maximizer works well, that too.

You know its probably a guilty pleasure but I am really interested in delay pedals and experimenting with one. Whats a noise gate? Does it just cancel out excess hum?

x
Distortion, Delay, Wah and Tuner Pedal is what I gots.
And it's not too much and little.
i've plug straight into the amp, but i've been searching for a light overdrive and maybe a compressor, thats the only things i have interest in though.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
just because theres a lot of pedals in the signal chain or loop doesn`t mean they`re all active at the same time, infact some effects don`t like being used with others particularly modulation effects which prefer a clean signal although it`s fine to add a dirty signal to add something to the song.

having access to a variety of effects also brings a new dimension to your sound and therefore to your compositions.
Quote by Made in Mexico
You know its probably a guilty pleasure but I am really interested in delay pedals and experimenting with one. Whats a noise gate? Does it just cancel out excess hum?

x

Yes.
I forgot to mention, if an EQ pedal can manage to do what the sonic maximizer can, Ill be getting one of those instead

Ill be broke T_T
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Yes.
I forgot to mention, if an EQ pedal can manage to do what the sonic maximizer can, Ill be getting one of those instead

Ill be broke T_T

go for the MXR 10-Band
it's on pretty much all the time when i'm playing, and i'm always tweaking with it.
it's perfect for a tone nut.
Quote by heminder
go for the MXR 10-Band
it's on pretty much all the time when i'm playing, and i'm always tweaking with it.
it's perfect for a tone nut.

Thats the plan
Just gonna have to wait a while after getting the amp T_T
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
I use a multi effects pedal...
I don't feel guilty using it at all considering I can use half a million different sounds.

What's there to feel guilty about ? Getting an awesome sound rocks...