Most people that I know who tune down a half step do it to help fit their vocalist's voice. Others do it just for the tiny bit of added heaviness.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Most people that I know who tune down a half step do it to help fit their vocalist's voice. Others do it just for the tiny bit of added heaviness.

This
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
some do it for the tone of it. slightly looser feel too.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
Deeper notes = Deeper tones.

All my friends do it, In fact they tune down a full step. I however, do not.

While I understand this makes the music sound heavier or whatever, I just get too confused, and I like learning and playing metallica and stuff, and I get sick of tuning back and forth.

I stick with standard and drop D, here lately i play drop D alot more, but its easy to go back and forth between d and e.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by chikinskratch
i dont get it

lolz, you must be new to the whole concept of thinking
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
it sounds br00talz. but yea, personal preference and
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
it sounds br00talz.

but yeah, it makes the strings a bit slacker, and easier to play, bend, twist, hammer, buzz, etc.
ya makes it heavy i usually play either in d,e, or e flat
Originally Posted by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
when you tune a half step down, you usually play more sharp or falt notes, whitch sounds cool. Why do you think Slayer does it?
Quote by Guitarplayer)
when you tune a half step down, you usually play more sharp or falt notes, whitch sounds cool. Why do you think Slayer does it?

There isn't any more flats or sharps just because you change the tuning.
Quote by Guitarplayer)

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by Matt420740
There isn't any more flats or sharps just because you change the tuning.

I was going to point that out, but I figured it wasn't worth the time to argue.

I P R O G

Anything but normal tuning is for screamo heads. Stuff that actually sucks so they tune it because they cant play anything good in a normal tuning. Except half step down. im talking about drop D.....i hate it. But this is only my personal preference. I have a lot of friends who like it but it sounds like suck to me.
Quote by Canvas-Of-Notes
Anything but normal tuning is for screamo heads. Stuff that actually sucks so they tune it because they cant play anything good in a normal tuning. Except half step down. im talking about drop D.....i hate it. But this is only my personal preference. I have a lot of friends who like it but it sounds like suck to me.

you're an idiot.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Canvas-Of-Notes

Wow. What is it with the misinformed retards in this thread.
Quote by Matt420740
Wow. What is it with the misinformed retards in this thread.

It's UG

Do you expect much less?
Quote by Canvas-Of-Notes

This has to be the stupidest thing I've seen on UG..and that includes alot of stupid stuff. Muhammed Suicmez disagrees with you sir, as does Adam Darski, Jeff Loomis, Alexi Laiho, Devin Townsend, John Gallegher, and hundreds if not thousands of drop tuners around the world which rape the fretboard.

Please, go and hide your ignorance.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by leftyace

This has to be the stupidest thing I've seen on UG..and that includes alot of stupid stuff. Muhammed Suicmez disagrees with you sir, as does Adam Darski, Jeff Loomis, Alexi Laiho, Devin Townsend, John Gallegher, and hundreds if not thousands of drop tuners around the world which rape the fretboard.

Please, go and hide your ignorance.

You forgot John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, and Mikael Akerfeldt.

I P R O G