After a year and a half of owning my Squier strat, the pickguard is slightly yellow. Is this normal at all?
Do you use a yellow pick? I know some of my friends have different colors because of picks. I had a squier since i was 10 (4 years) and its still white.
Quote by guitarskater11
Do you use a yellow pick? I know some of my friends have different colors because of picks. I had a squier since i was 10 (4 years) and its still white.

how would the colour of the plec ur usin affect it at all?
Quote by heminder
yup. it's turning vintage.

lol thats what i always thing when i hear about these things, especally when i look at my white strat, the body seems to be yellowing the most, it looks even more sexy also i use alot of diff color picks and i dont think that effects it alot, plus i play outside alot
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Quote by guitarskater11

I use different colored ones, but how should the color change it? Am I supposed to stab the guard repeatedly when playing?
Quote by SecretAgentS
I use different colored ones, but how should the color change it? Am I supposed to stab the guard repeatedly when playing?

LOL, thats what I was thinking. Maybe the guy picks his guard instead of the strings
Quote by SecretAgentS

Have you ever heard of metal? Because thats effectively what you've just described.
This is slightly confusing...
Unless it gets excessive use of smoke near it it's a bit fast.
As much as it's a bit of a dim thing, is there protective plastic over the pickguard still? Cos I know that yellows real quick and some people miss the fact it's on there.

My Carvin strat has had LOADS of smoke near it (my dad's a chain smoker and my guitars always out when he's around it, he smokes 400 or more a week) and it's still as white as white can be.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
This is slightly confusing...
Unless it gets excessive use of smoke near it it's a bit fast.
As much as it's a bit of a dim thing, is there protective plastic over the pickguard still? Cos I know that yellows real quick and some people miss the fact it's on there.

My Carvin strat has had LOADS of smoke near it (my dad's a chain smoker and my guitars always out when he's around it, he smokes 400 or more a week) and it's still as white as white can be.

Carvin's have anti yellowing agents in there white paint and pickguards, I'm sure a squier wouldn't.
Looks better... just change it if you don't like it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.