Hey guys, I like my Cube a lot but I really want to take it to another level and start getting more serious about my tone. So, I want to get a tube amp, and I want it to last. I'm hoping to make this amp my Christmas present but if not I'll have enough cash by then to get it anyway. I was looking at tube amps in the $500-$600 range, and I've narrowed down my choices pretty well. I've listened to demos of all of them, and I will be playing each of them whenever I get a chance, but I desperately need the personal input of you guys.

- I play 80% classic rock and 20% alternative/grunge/etc. So, I need a great classic sound, and a heavier, aggressive tone as well.
- I don't care how many channels it has, so long as it can produce both clean and distorted sounds successfully.
- My current guitar is an Epiphone G-400

So, here are the amps I'm considering.

Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1 15W 1x12
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Custom-Classic-AC15CC1-15w-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103635231-i1145854.gc

* I really like the looks of this amp. It's apparently got a great classic tone and can handle distortion very well.

Peavey Classic 30/112
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Classic-30-112-Tube-Combo-Amp-481014-i1171332.gc

* My feelings towards this amp are extremely similar to the Vox. I still wonder why this amp is double the wattage, and the same price as the Vox 15.

Fender Hot Rod Serious Blues Junior NOS 15W 1x12
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Series-Blues-Junior-NOS-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102321528-i1173592.gc

* This amp is $80 more than the others, and I don't know if it's worth it. It's apparently a very popular amp.

So, please help me choose between these three. Also, if you want to recommend me another amp, you can do that, but I won't consider it unless it looks amazing.

If you need any more information from me, please ask. I want to get the best amp that I can possibly get.

Thanks in advance guys!
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Can you go used? If so you may be able to get something better. Out of those, I'd say the classic 30 would be the best choice.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Can you go used? If so you may be able to get something better. Out of those, I'd say the classic 30 would be the best choice.

I might be willing to go used, but it depends. What do you have in mind?
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
I recently played the Blues Junior NOS for like 4 hours straight at our shop here.. It's sick.. But I'm a Fender man. Get the Blues Junior dog. Be SURE to get the NOS, that speaker makes all the difference..
I think a used ac30, as it has more gain than the 15. What would be really nice is a traynor ycv50 blue. Great amp, 50 watts, v30 speakers, unlimited lifetime warranty, and new I believe it might be in your price range. Has great great cleans and great Overdrive.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Go with the peavey classic 30/112. I have it and I love it, it has a great clean tone and an excellent distorted tone as well. I wouldnt go with anything else.
Well, for some reason, when I think of Peavey, I think of metal. The Vox seems more "vintage," but I'm probably wrong... Anyway, I need more opinions. Come on people!
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
The Classic 30 is pretty much exactly what you want as far as classic rock and alternative. The Vox AC15 may not have enough gain for your alternative needs...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
How heavy do you need?

I played Jawbreaker's 'Sluttering' the other day on my AC15, it was pretty awesome.