I have an electric guitar, but my dad bought me it when I was 10, so it's sized for a 10 year old, and it's definitely not nice. So I never play it.
I finally upgraded somewhat and bought a Fender Squier Bullet Strat, I've heard a lot of people saying they think Squiers are generic or that they just suck, but I thought this guitar was beautiful.

I've been playing the acoustic so I'm not used to anything except just playing.
I have absolutely NO idea how to use a whammy bar?
I've read online they say to push it down and up or something?
But if by push it down they mean push it so it's closer to the body, then it doesn't do that?

And I'm wondering what the point of the cone-shaped knob is that goes back and forth?

HELP!
Imma assume this isn't a troll.

Yes, you push the whammy towards the body. That's all it's there for.

It's the pickup selector. Changes the sound.
Correct me if im wrong guys

Play a chord or note and just push "wobble" the whammy bar, and you will hear the difference straight away.

The cone-shaped knob, i think is a pickup selector.
Basically selects which pickups you are using on your guitar, gives different sounds and whatnot

hope that helps
Ok the "cone shaped knob" is your pickup selector switch, it changes the pickups youre using, closer to you it will give a bass tone and furthest away, a treble tone. As for the whammy bar hold it in your hand above the strings and push it downwards toward the strings
Quote by comptonassmolly
I have an electric guitar, but my dad bought me it when I was 10, so it's sized for a 10 year old, and it's definitely not nice. So I never play it.
I finally upgraded somewhat and bought a Fender Squier Bullet Strat, I've heard a lot of people saying they think Squiers are generic or that they just suck, but I thought this guitar was beautiful.

I've been playing the acoustic so I'm not used to anything except just playing.
I have absolutely NO idea how to use a whammy bar?
I've read online they say to push it down and up or something?
But if by push it down they mean push it so it's closer to the body, then it doesn't do that?

And I'm wondering what the point of the cone-shaped knob is that goes back and forth?

HELP!

No problemo maestro! Just play some chord and gently apply some pressure to the bar towards the body. If its stiff I wouldnt force it.

I like squiers too. I want the squier version of the 72 re-issue tele custom. I can afford the proper fender but cant justify the money when ive got rent to pay! How long have you been playing? When I was just starting squiers were well awesome to have. Get a better guitar when you're good enough for a better guitar.

x
The whammy bar is something that takes a little while to adjust to. You essentially just like you said push it up and down but don't go banana sammich on the thing, just enough to give the note some accent. The cone-shaped knob changes between the pick ups, when you push it all the way back it's rhythm and when done vice versa it's treble. Treble will give you a more gainy sound and rhythm sounds more bassy.
Quote by Made in Mexico
No problemo maestro! Just play some chord and gently apply some pressure to the bar towards the body. If its stiff I wouldnt force it.

I like squiers too. I want the squier version of the 72 re-issue tele custom. I can afford the proper fender but cant justify the money when ive got rent to pay! How long have you been playing? When I was just starting squiers were well awesome to have. Get a better guitar when you're good enough for a better guitar.

x

It's just irritating.
Apparantly it's stiff to the point of NO bending down whatsoever.
I can't push it down AT ALL
or maybe its not at the right angle, the tip should be sort of pointing in the same direction as the headstock, then it should go down easy. you want it screwed enough so it won't fall out, but maybe a little lose too so it can just fall out of your way for strumming

I dunno, maybe some people like tightening it so it stays in place (still towards the headstock) so that they don't have to reach for it, but just try a lot of things, see what you like.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!