Page 1 of 2
I need a used guitar for mostly indie rock. Stuff like Pavement, Neutral Milk Hotel, My Bloody Valentine, and Guided By Voices to name a couple.

I was thinking Squier, Agile, cheaper Epiphones maybe. Any cheap gems? Price is so low just because I'm incredibly short on cash. As a 15 year old kid, its very hard to maintain a job and this is all I've saved up.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Jul 26, 2009,
Pawn shops are your friend.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
i bought a squier for 20 bucks from a friend haha it still rocks abit
im not sure if it would have the sound you want but i think dean playmate is good but i haven't played many guitars.
Quote by The_Bosstone
I need a used guitar for mostly indie rock. Stuff like Pavement, Neutral Milk Hotel, My Bloody Valentine, and Guided By Voices to name a couple.

I was thinking Squier, Agile, cheaper Epiphones maybe. Any cheap jems? Price is so low just because I'm incredibly short on cash. As a 15 year old kid, its very hard to maintain a job and this is all I've saved up.

Lol.

Aside from that, there should be 'decent' Ibanez' in your price range. Scoop around. Or if you're feeling really lucky, check out pawn shops and online auction things. Who knows you might get lucky.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

You could easily get either a Agile AL dauntless or a Squier deluxe strat for $280, very nice bang for the buck.
dude I found a used Ibanez Xiphos for like 350 and got it. I would check your used guitars out locally, u might find a gem like I did. I paid less for this than my other guitars and it is likely my favorite.
GEAR:
Vox AD30VT XL
Jackson DK2M Dinky Trans. Black
Fender G-Dec
Razorback DB Black
EHX Metal Muff
Originally Posted by Kaasflipje
Metallica. I don't get what's so awesome about Master of Puppets.

he's awesome because he pulls strings
I like the Squier Classic Vibe guitars. They're like cheap reissues. Sort of. Anyway, I like 'em.
Agile have good guitars
also the base models(not to be mistaken for starter guitars) of ibanez guitars are around $300 and are of good quality for the cash and are good enough to be upgraded latter
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by ItWillDo
Lol.
Ack, typo. Definitely not asking for a Jem

I've owned and played cheap Ibanez guitars, and I really dislike them. I'm not looking for a metal guitar at all, considering I'm playing indie rock.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Do you live near Monroeville?
http://musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=844327Sadly, I don't.

Any Squiers that I should avoid? I always hear mixed opinions on them, and I've never really been sure.

If I were to look at Agiles, would the SX guitars be worth a look?
Quote by The_Bosstone

Any Squiers that I should avoid? I always hear mixed opinions on them, and I've never really been sure.

If I were to look at Agiles, would the SX guitars be worth a look?

Avoid the squier:
Bullet
Affinity
And standard IMO

Go for the deluxe and the classic vibe.

Also with Agile go with the highest agile you can so you won't have to upgrade it.
Go with the Squier Classic Vibe if you can, then pop a SD JB Jr. in the bridge. I have a Squier Strat with it in and it's very good for indie.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
I got my epi new for 300, i mean now its 400, but you can still probably find other stuff for that price, or cheaper.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by darkcheef
Avoid the squier:
Bullet
Affinity
And standard IMO

Go for the deluxe and the classic vibe.

Also with Agile go with the highest agile you can so you won't have to upgrade it.

Affinity is a great starter guitar. I have one and it has held up decently.
Used Fender MIM Strat?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I wouldn't avoid ALL squiers. I actually own a Squier Jagmaster (resembles a Fender Jaguar) and looove it for what I paid for it ($250 at the time) on Musiciansfriend: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Jagmaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=519635

Also, I play the same kinds of music you do, well I lean more towards Modest Mouse/ The Decemberists etc but still same ball park
Beginner guitars are usually there for conformity because you never know what you might like. Go to Guitar Center and play everything except a Bronze series B.C. Rich, an Epiphone Les Paul Special or a Squier Affinity or Bullet.

What you should get is a guitar you like, and you're bound to find something. If you really don't know what you like, buy an Agile as a conformity guitar, they're incredible value.
I would definately check out used Fender MIM Strats. I got one for about $300 before and it is definately a great deal.
A Hello Kitty Squier with an EMG-X 85 is all you'll ever need. Just $10 more on top of your $300 budget.

FTW!

Hello Kitty Squier - US$199

EMG 85 - US$110
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
If I got the Hello Kitty guitar I'd put in an 81, because I could get that in white to match.
Not sure about the 81 X though....
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
If I got the Hello Kitty guitar I'd put in an 81, because I could get that in white to match.
Not sure about the 81 X though....

The 81 is more metal-ish in voicing, which is why I'd recommend the 85... a little more versatile.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well I knew it would be more metally, which would be more fun. I'd love to melt some faces with that.
look at the jackson js30 line. pretty tough guitars, all like 300 or 310 dollars us
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by huskyplayer
epi's are good thts all i have for u kid

Kid? you two are the same age

On topic, craigslist is your friend!

More on topic; the squier classic vibe strats and tele's are getting great reviews.

Or do what I'm doing, build a guitar. my budget is 300 as well.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Last edited by Gibshall at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by compin
Yamaha Pacifica 112

They break in 5 seconds flat lol. I dunno if you can get them in America but try Rally guitars.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Tokai09
They break in 5 seconds flat lol. I dunno if you can get them in America but try Rally guitars.

I have a 112 and it's an good guitar but the humbucker was broken so i installed a dimarzio
But really, they are good for the Money.
Quote by compin
I have a 112 and it's an good guitar but the humbucker was broken so i installed a dimarzio
But really, they are good for the Money.

Yeah that's the same problem we have in College with them.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Quote by Tokai09
Yeah that's the same problem we have in College with them.

Yeah?
I tought that was only my guitar...
But i wanted to change the pickups before the Humbucker was broken, so i don't care

EDIT: The Cable Socket was broken too on my Pacifica, so when i think about this, i don't suggest a Pacfica 112
I will edit the Post
Last edited by compin at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by compin
Yeah?
I tought that was only my guitar...
But i wanted to change the pickups before the Humbucker was broken, so i don't care

EDIT: The Cable Socket was broken too on my Pacifica, so when i think about this, i don't suggest a Pacfica 112
I will edit the Post

Yeah the pickups are really week and the action is pretty crap but i reckon there is some dirt or something inside that is weakening the pickup or there is a loose conection but no one looks after them at college.

Go used and anything is possible.

I got a sweet JAckson DKMGT for $285 USD you can`t beat that.
Quote by Taylor B
Go used and anything is possible.

I got a sweet JAckson DKMGT for $285 USD you can`t beat that.

A DKMGT for 285$, where you got it lol
Page 1 of 2