OK, before you guys ask, I have a nice mixer, but I can't use it for this as it is connecte to a mac and there is no firewire port on my laptop.

Anyways, I'm trying to use some VSts and impulses and stuff by putting my guitar right into my laptop. First I tried running it into my POD 2.0 and bypassing the cab and amp models. It works, but when I engage TSS and Nick Crow 7170 or any other amp VST, there is MASSIVE amounts of feedback.When I record and aren't playing, no wave comes up (as it should) yet when I play it back the feedback and **** is stil there. I tried going Guitar>Mic slot on PC as well, but the same thing happened.

I tried a Noise Gate VSt but that made it worse.

Any help?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Turn the microphone volume on your computer down? Turn the POD's volume down?
Those are the only two things I can think of.
-GEAR-
Modded squire strat
Douglas Shadow
Fender Roc Pro 1000
Zoom 505
Ibanez performance PF3 acoustic
Epiphone accu-bass
Peavey TKO 75

Quote by Kensai
Dinosaurs. They can shoot lasers from their heads.

What can humans do? Nothing.
so if i understand you correctly, you're trying to record your guitar by direct input and the signal is not playing nicely with your mic jack on your computer

I've managed to successfully do this because I run my guitar through my distortion pedal which I have the second output configured to be lower impedance so I can do a DI recording

assuming your POD doesn't have a setting for DI recording then you need to get a DI box from guitar center or somewhere which basically just lowers the impedance of your signal to that of a mic thus it should work thorough your mic jack
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 26, 2009,
^Poopy. I wanted to avoid a DI box, but I guess I'm gonna have to get one =/

Thanks guys
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
after a little research, it seems your pod should be able to record with a direct input as long as it isn't in the mode set for playing in front of an amp
http://line6.com/pod20/ins_outs.html
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
after a little research, it seems your pod should be able to record with a direct input as long as it isn't in the mode set for playing in front of an amp
http://line6.com/pod20/ins_outs.html

Yes, it can record fine. But when I bypass the amp and cab sims and try to use VSts instead, that's where the problems arise.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz