I was thinking about getting a guitar with a Floating Tremolo and i keep hearing that they r a pain to changed tunings with but i havent seen somone say if u can go from standard to drop D easily. So do u have to retuned all the strings when u go from standard to drop D and vice versa?
Quote by vilenightwing
I was thinking about getting a guitar with a Floating Tremolo and i keep hearing that they r a pain to changed tunings with but i havent seen somone say if u can go from standard to drop D easily. So do u have to retuned all the strings when u go from standard to drop D and vice versa?

Oh I love the grammar and spelling of UG...

Anyway, that is floyd rose bridges that are a pain to change.
A floating trem balances itself between the tension of the strings and the tension of the springs in the back. If you change the tuning you change the tension, which means you have to completely re-adjust the trem ever time you change tunings.
If you want to change tunings all the time dont get one. Unless you are very patient and have a lot of time on your hands.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
I own a schecter damien 6 FR. I changed from Drop D To standard all the time. and the only string that barley goes outta tune is high A(or low A w/e) i don't find it a pain in the arse at all
D-Tuna

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
if you have a floyd with a D tuna you can with minimal tuning problems
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!