Page 1 of 2
I went to this guitar store in poole and i was looking at this Les Paul Jr. and I thought it was pretty nice then the guy who worked there pointed out that it was a Billie Joe Signature and i got totally put off it cause i really do not like Green Day. but do any of you get that at all?

...but I am quite weried lol
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Gear doesn't change my opinion on anything.

Loads of lame artists use strats, but I still use the hell out of them.
However loads of awesome artists use Les Pauls but they're still not my favourite guitars.
Herman Li's signature Ibanez looks good, but his name kinda puts me off to it
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i hate everything with dimebag darrell on it.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by guitarsftw
Herman Li's signature Ibanez looks good, but his name kinda puts me off to it

I think Herman Li puts me off guitaring all togarther lol
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Where is gear?

Who was phone?

To be honest, if you're so put off because it's a signature guitar then you probably can't afford it anyways. If they make a nice sound, then to hell with it. I don't use signature stuff, mainly because I can't afford it, but If i could I still wouldn't. I'd consider myself a wannabe. I use signature drum sticks (Tre Cool ones, ironically) but that's for the fact I break every other pair I buy.

I wouldn't buy signature guitars or basses, but it doesn't mean I dislike them.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I wouldn't hate a guitar just because a bad artist used it, the LP jr. has been around for like 45 years.
Go play guitars, basses, drums, whatever instrument you play.

If you like it and afford it, then that's great. If it happens to have a signature name on it, then that's just the way it is. Maybe that person's signature guitar feels right for you.
If you're buying a signature in that case, then that's fine. If you're buying it just because it has their name on it, then you're buying the instrument for the wrong reasons.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by matx33
Go play guitars, basses, drums, whatever instrument you play.

If you like it and afford it, then that's great. If it happens to have a signature name on it, then that's just the way it is. Maybe that person's signature guitar feels right for you.
If you're buying a signature in that case, then that's fine. If you're buying it just because it has their name on it, then you're buying the instrument for the wrong reasons.

Well I just always think if i bought a Bille Joe guitar people would ask "are you a fan of Green Day" all the time lol but it's each to their own really.

Quote by Tokai09
Well I just always think if i bought a Bille Joe guitar people would ask "are you a fan of Green Day" all the time lol but it's each to their own really.

So a guitar that has been sounding great for at least 45 years that has had great and bad artist and you care about people asking you are you a green day fan...... I call bs or ignorance with your story.
No I never said the Les Paul Jr. was a bad guitar and i would never buy one i just said i would never buy a Billie Joe one. It would be like if i bought a Green Day T shirt.

Last edited by Tokai09 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Tokai09
No I never said the Les Paul Jr. was a bad guitar and i would never buy one i just said i would never buy a Billie Joe one. It would be like if i bought a Green Day T shirt.

Ahh I get ya now, the sig billy joe one. But I could care less what it says on the headstock if the guitar plays good for a reasonable price.
Quote by darkcheef
Ahh I get ya now, the sig billy joe one. But I could care less what it says on the headstock if the guitar plays good for a reasonable price.

Nah don't worry I often misunderstand people..alot lol.

Quote by Tokai09

I understand the analogy, but it's not really the same. If you got the guitar and played only Green Day songs, than that'd be different. I think...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I don't like Cradle of Filth really maybe one or two songs the rest I can't stand. yet I own a Paul Allender sig. It's about the gear not who plays it.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Hmm well the Jonas Bros use top of the line Gibsons, I think LP's and SG's.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I can't say I'd never buy a signature guitar. The Dean Dimebag Darrel Tribute guitar is like, a low-end half signature guitar.

And funny story, I just looked at that guitar a few days ago. The price is what made me pass.

I'd totally get a JEM, that is, if I had $2,600 to spend. I'll always pass up the SG and LP because of the Jonas Brothers...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'll always pass up the SG and LP because of the Jonas Brothers...

you're and idiot. Ever heard of Les Paul, Slash, Angus Young, Tony Iommi, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Paul McCartney, Pete Townshend, Frank Zappa, Alex Lifeson, and Jimmy Page? each of those guys has played a Les Paul, or a SG, or Both. and thats just off the top of my head... I'm sure there's many more famous guitarists who have used either of those guitars extensively.
To be honest, the BJ LPJ sig is a really cheap signature, it's $1799.

But if you don't want awesome tone from a guitar that good for that price, each to his own.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Killedelphia19
you're and idiot. Ever heard of Les Paul, Slash, Angus Young, Tony Iommi, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Paul McCartney, Pete Townshend, Frank Zappa, Alex Lifeson, and Jimmy Page? each of those guys has played a Les Paul, or a SG, or Both. and thats just off the top of my head... I'm sure there's many more famous guitarists who have used either of those guitars extensively.

I think I see where he's coming from cause the Jonas Borthers use those gay Gibson Robot Les Paul's cause they can't tune them selfs.

Quote by druggietoad2k5

But if you don't want awesome tone from a guitar that good for that price, each to his own.

Yeah but you can now get a Gibson Les Paul Jr for £600 so thats what $1300 in your country?

Who cares if it's the same guitar Billie Joe plays, or the Jonas Brothers play, or anyone else?

If it sounds/plays good, who cares? I have a Synyster Gates Custom and a Zakk Wylde Custom... I'd never even listened to Zakk Wylde before buying that guitar, it just played well and sounded good so I got it. It doesn't really matter.
Quote by druggietoad2k5

$1799 is roughly £900-£1000.
The PGM301 which is spec-wise a much better signature guitar was £600.
The Rob Chappers signature guitar coming out in November will be around £200-£300.
And you think the Billie Joe sig is cheap!?

Also I lol at all these "I'd never touch the herman li signature cos it has his name on it" people, as much as I'm not a Dragonforce fan, Herman Li made that guitar with players in mind, he said he kept his name off of it so anyone could play it without being lumped into the Dragonforce fan label.
Quote by Tokai09
I think I see where he's coming from cause the Jonas Borthers use those gay Gibson Robot Les Paul's cause they can't tune them selfs.

you do know jonas bothers dont play guitar, they have a backup band behind them. They actually use les paul customs too. But they dont play instroments
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
They can play actually play cause i seen the play acoustic (not at a gig or anything but my Niece has the Disney channel) but yeah i know they have a backing guitarist that does all the work and lately they have been using the Gibson Dark Fire.....cause they suck

Quote by Tokai09
They can play actually play cause i seen the play acoustic (not at a gig or anything but my Niece has the Disney channel) but yeah i know they have a backing guitarist that does all the work and lately they have been using the Gibson Dark Fire.....cause they suck

Im 100% sure theyre limited to afew chords then, they have a whole set up behind them live of people playing guitar bass and drums.

They are just a gimmick, disney hired them for their singing and acting ability.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
singing and acting ability???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by dukeofmetal
singing and acting ability???

yeah i know but thats what disneys excuse was, and we all gotta admit they have stumbled upon a good thing considering how much they getting paid
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
lol im hoping there parents take it all and there father is an abusive drunk who beats them and makes them touch each other in special places for his amusment
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
*their
*wearied or weird, not sure what you were typing there.
That is all
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
herman li and his sig, nothin but sped up guitar and too much sound effects
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Quote by MetalManForLife
herman li and his sig, nothin but sped up guitar and too much sound effects

watcht hem live, funniest rubbish ive ever seen, herman broke strings live and couldnt even play most of the songs because of it. i think they were one of the worst bands of Download 2006
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
As long as it doesn't have their name all over it, or anything to identify it with them really obvious. I'd play the Billie Joe model LP, becuase it comes in normal finishes, but I'd never touch the Mike Dirnt bass, because it has his little star thing. For the same reason I'd never buy a Zakk Wylde LP, even though I love the finish.

Mainly, I just don't want people coming up and asking if i have [artist]'s guitar, because of all the complications that arise.
Quote by nav00
watcht hem live, funniest rubbish ive ever seen, herman broke strings live and couldnt even play most of the songs because of it. i think they were one of the worst bands of Download 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQPK_mekzc

gg
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Solid S/hit

that to mee seemed alot better than their performance at download 2006, but still ive met herman li, hes a douche, he does also come across as he thinks hes gods gift to ladies which, im pretty sure none of them are great lookers.

his sig is pretty crap too, the one i played was pretty much unplayable and the amount of oney it retails for is pretty much a rip off, i dont think they have sold one worldwide
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
his sig is pretty crap too, the one i played was pretty much unplayable and the amount of oney it retails for is pretty much a rip off, i dont think they have sold one worldwide

That surprises me. I would expect a high end Ibanez to play just a little better then my $240 Ibanez starter. It could be that it was set up badly - that happens. I can say that his guitar is a great instrument if it's well set up because I've played one. I loved it and if I'd had $2500 on me at the time, I would have so bought that thing and made sweet musical love to it. But that was for the instrument, not the artist.
Page 1 of 2