Im fairly sure my laptops about to **** the bed, so I need to, by myself, somehow get POD Farm (You may know what it is), and Guitar Pro 5 onto an external hard drive. Is this something I could do by myself?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Just copy the installers and your personal files associated with those programs.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If the programs are standalone, requiring no registry entries, then yes. But you can't do that with most programs. You have to install them through an installation file.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
yes. find the shortcut and right click it and hit properties. then there should be a little box saying something like "find target" or "go to target." click that and it should bring you to a folder containing something like GP5.exe. move that whole folder into you external HD.
PAH!
Quote by t.ev
yes. find the shortcut and right click it and hit properties. then there should be a little box saying something like "find target" or "go to target." click that and it should bring you to a folder containing something like GP5.exe. move that whole folder into you external HD.

Like Darkstar said, most programs have ties to the system registry. Won't work just by copypasta.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you move ALL of the registry and program files to it and put them in the right place on the new computer, then yes.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
surely if you've got the installation discs and files you can just reinstall them
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Or torrent them when you get a new computer.
It takes a lot longer but it's a certainty that you'll get the programs back
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
getting the registry settings to transfer isnt hard either, ive been doin it with gp5 for a while now, just go into the reg (winkey + r then type winreg) then just search for guitar pro, right mouse click on the folder, export reg settings to wherever and voila.... unless its a mac in which case idc
~Defiant~
Quote by Aurex
getting the registry settings to transfer isnt hard either, ive been doin it with gp5 for a while now, just go into the reg (winkey + r then type winreg) then just search for guitar pro, right mouse click on the folder, export reg settings to wherever and voila.... unless its a mac in which case idc

I'm fairly sure you need to type "regedit.exe"
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
if you delete your system 32......

<.<
>.>
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
First you delete system32..

EDIT: lol I didn't even see the above post.
C:\Program Files

Copy the entire folder of whatever program it is you want to your external HD.
I haven't ever needed to do this, so I've never actually tried it, but it should work.

EDIT: You'll also need to deal with the registry stuff, which someone else explained earlier.
Last edited by __Pent__ at Jul 26, 2009,