Being from Canada, I know our currency is often joked about. I think we are equal to about 90 cents/US dollar. (Give or take)

Is there any place that has an average standard of living (not much is overpriced) but with money that is worth very much? (Possibly in Europe?)

I'm looking for Universities that specialize in music, but want to go to Europe for studying. I had England or Austria in mind, but I heard they are expensive places to live. Any Suggestions?

^Sorry for somewhat hard-to-understand text
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
The only Europe I've had a chance to see is the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris. I purchased a "coffee" for 3 euros and 10 euro cents. Equivalent to five American dollars. The quantity was probably around 3 fluid ounces. I felt extremely ripped off and wanted to destroy the little cafe that sold me such an abomination.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
The only Europe I've had a chance to see is the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris. I purchased a "coffee" for 3 euros and 10 euro cents. Equivalent to five American dollars. The quantity was probably around 3 fluid ounces. I felt extremely ripped off and wanted to destroy the little cafe that sold me such an abomination.

Yeah, same problems. I went on a Europe trip with my school in April. I noticed some places to be expensive, others not so much
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Isn't the pound worth like 30% more than a dollar?

1 pound is $1.66
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

I didn't know it was that bad.

About half a year ago, 1 pound was worth around 2 bucks
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

I didn't know it was that bad.

that makes 66% more
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
the rest of europe uses the euro which is 1.42 USD to 1 euro
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah i bought a PRS from the USA and it was basically half price because the exchange was 2 dollars for the pound. Having said that americans financially have the best standard of living. low taxes, cheap petrol aka gas, cheap and large housing normally and most manufacturers are either in the USA or trade their cheaply so you are lucky as hell.

I cant get into the US to live unfortunately. Its a lottery visa system now so some asshole from whogivesadamnistan is living it up.
Last edited by Aspyxiater at Jul 26, 2009,
Exchange rate doesn't mean anything. A 200 pound guitar will still cost the same amount in a different country (if you ignore shipping/taxes), it will just be converted.

Edit: Except for imports/exports.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
the rest of europe uses the euro which is 1.42 USD to 1 euro

22 out of 45... that's not exactly "the rest of Europe." Although, for the purposes of this thread, Austria does use the Euro.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by breadstick
Exchange rate doesn't mean anything. A 200 pound guitar will still cost the same amount in a different country (if you ignore shipping/taxes), it will just be converted.

Edit: Except for imports/exports.

It does when you sneak it through customs! I got a prs custom 24 for $1400 USD which was £750.
Quote by Karvid
22 out of 45... that's not exactly "the rest of Europe." Although, for the purposes of this thread, Austria does use the Euro.

the ones that count.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
While the cost of living in England may be high, average salaries are also higher. This makes it quite hard for people to come to England, as it'll be expensive.
Paris has always been expensive anywhere. I remember i was in Burger King and some american was like 8 DOLLARS FOR A GODDAMN WHOPPER!
Quote by texico11
Yeah, but in relatives terms I'm sure a typical American family would have a higher rate of wealth. I mean, the size of there houses

Houses cost so much less in America. Our first shock when moving to England came from the insane price of houses.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.