I just got my Jackson DX6 with a duncan distortion in the bridge. when switching pickups, the volume change is crazy. I don't want to compromise tone by lowering the bridge pup, so can I put my spare Dimarzio D Activator X for bridge in the neck position without it sounding crazy weird/loud? I can do it and just lower it a bit right?

Distortion: 16.6K DC Resistance

DAX: 14.51K DC Resistance

DC Resistance is not the sole determinant of output I guess because they'er not too different. For sure though, the DAX is lower output, but is it low enough not to sound like crap? or am I better off buying something else like a jazz or 59? I'd rather use what I have though.

Thanks.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
yep, theirs no reason why not
the only reason it's designated as bridge is because it's output is balanced with the neck version to give you even volume
neck output<bridge output, and the DC resistance should be the other way around
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
yep, theirs no reason why not
the only reason it's designated as bridge is because it's output is balanced with the neck version to give you even volume

Hm. I always thought that manufacturers eqed or wound the pickups slightly different, like adding a bit of highs to the neck or something of that sort, but I'll just try it later and see. If it fails, I gotta buy a new pickups.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack