Page 1 of 2
hey pit,

ok so my band like to make fun of our bass player just for playing bass i mean hes really good but we give him crap for being the least important member of the band. and so my question is does anyone else out there give their bass players crap or is it just my band

and if you are a bassplayer sorry to have offended you
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

Once you go without a bass and realize that it actually does contribute to the sound, you'll realize the folly of your ways.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
you suck balls. bass players are not the least important.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
what's the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a bass player...

one of those you have to plug in before it sucks..

enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
it is a running joke - bass players keep the whole band together and add most of the depth to the sound but aren't often "heard" but yer i'm a bassist and i make more bassist jokes than the rest of the band - it's all cool

EDIT: what did the bassist get on his IQ test?
drool!
*cue american sitcom style laughter track*
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
yeah.. I make jokes about most of my friends abilities at whatever.. even if they're really talented, I'll take the piss..

That's what we in the business call "being a douche bag"
It pays surprisingly well

(note: it fooking doesn't!)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Try playing Hysteria by Muse without the bass. Not gonna happen.

I'm not a bass player but if you have that lack of respect for anyone then your kind of an idiot and don't deserve to even have a band.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
i make fun of my bass player. he doesnt even know what street he lives on

but seriously bass is important in a band. it adds background to the sound of a song .
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Quote by spanish lovin

hahah gotta tell our bassist that.

bass is actually the foundation of your sound and is very important. But that doesnt mean you cant give them crap for playing 2 less strings than you do.
Wtf? Bass players aren't the least important member of the band... and no, my band doesn't give my bass player crap.
~Carl
bass jokes make me laugh

its kinda like making fun of someone for being jewish or gay. i'm not racist but i'll laugh at a good racial/ethnic joke. you can't expect someone to take it the right way, on the other hand. they may see it as personal rather than being directed as satirical toward the stereotype itself.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
being the least important member of the band.

Tell that to Victor Wooten or Doug Whimbish..
You play bass, then see how easy it is
Quote by ~JIMMY~
But that doesnt mean you cant give them crap for playing 2 less strings than you do.

Why yes, yes, yes it does.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Last edited by eggo_boi_15 at Jul 26, 2009,
Bass isn't least important. You're a douche.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

bass is awesome, as long as it's doing something interesting, not just following the root notes of whatever the guitarist is doing.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Tyebuut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEU9N8kAwI&feature=channel_page - See a guitar? I think not. Don't poopoo the bass, you'll have a skinny sounding band without him.

He's my new idol. I'd give anything to be able to play bass that well.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

bass is very important, anyone who gives bass players **** is a poor musician
Too cool for a signature.
I'm not saying bass isn't importamt, but for all of you saying bass isn't least important, which instrument is less important than bass in a band.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Bands need bass. Don't be mean to him.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by dubstar92
I'm not saying bass isn't importamt, but for all of you saying bass isn't least important, which instrument is less important than bass in a band.

No instrument is more important then the other.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Quote by Beleuchtung
No instrument is more important then the other.

This will probably be the best answer so I think I'll go with it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Bassists are cool. They really help out the musicians in the band.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
hey pit,

ok so my band like to make fun of our bass player just for playing bass i mean hes really good but we give him crap for being the least important member of the band. and so my question is does anyone else out there give their bass players crap or is it just my band

and if you are a bassplayer sorry to have offended you

You're band is ****. Ever heard of Sting? Yeah I bet you're better than him. I bet you guys are awesome. I'm surprised you haven't gotten a major record deal yet.

oh.
wait.
Bass is extremely important and sounds really great as long as when he's not just playing the roots of the guitar riff. I've actually talked with a fellow musician for an hour about what would sound coolest for a bassist during a bunch of different songs. We usually setteled on him playing the 3rd, major or minor, to create a chord when the guitarist(s) are playing chords. Though 7ths were occasionally mentioned.
Our bassist kinda sucked, and he was our absolute bitch, just cuz he was the bass player. He took a LOT of ****, and it was fine until he started to cry. Then he ditched the house, and we had to bike after him. (We found out he ditched cuz my drummer yelled down the stairs for him to get his Dr. Scholls insoles.) But he came around, and then we broke up the band a couple weeks later.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Before i took up guitar i played bass for 5 years and the band i was with didn't make jokes for 2 reasons 1 i was smarter than them (probably combined) and 2 i wrote the majority of the material.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Last edited by Into The Unknow at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by SimplyStrings
You're band is ****. Ever heard of Sting? Yeah I bet you're better than him. I bet you guys are awesome. I'm surprised you haven't gotten a major record deal yet.

oh.
wait.

you havnt even heard my band how do you know we suck?

Quote by spanish lovin

nice one he'll be heariing that one next band practice lol

Wow guys...he wasn't insulting the bass seriously, he's talking about band members making jokes (fun). I am also a good bassist and I love joining in on the jokes haha.
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
i cant really give my bass player crap cuz i sorta made him pick up bass instead of guitar, but at least he likes it. bass can be important too, the player just has to know what hes doing and have a good sense
DECRESCENDO
Hey, how many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
eh, doesn't really matter--bass players are never in the light anyhow

But seriously, though the bass is an essential part of a band, theres no problem with poking some fun at them occasionally. But at least in my band, the drummer is way easier to make fun of
Quote by sadistic_monkey
If he can take the joke, awesome. If he can't, the you've screwed yourself over. Bass is far, far more important than guitar.

err I think you went too far
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
ok so my band like to make fun of our bass player just for playing bass i mean hes really good but we give him crap for being the least important member of the band

I think you guys just jealous that you have no rhythm, feel, pulse or talent.

Now, go to hell.
Signatures Are Stupid
Quote by kevin14u2nv
you havnt even heard my band how do you know we suck?

If you can't even spell "haven't" correctly, then there is no way you can properly perform and write music. Or what you like to call "music." That and, bass really does matter. In fact it's pretty damn important. I'm guessing you don't know sh*t about theory or anything like that; but even when the bass is just playing root notes to your chords it gives your song a feel of depth, not to mention helping the band stay together.
Page 1 of 2