i have an ibanez rga121 prestige. i am looking for strings that give me a full metal sound, but i also want a crisp clear sound.
the bridge on the rga121 is a little odd. i can tell you for a fact that a 10-60 set (like i use on my gio) will not fit through the bridge. a bigger problem, however, is the neck. the neck is incredibly thin, and wont even handle a set of 11s in standard tuning with the truss rod maxed out. if you arent downtuning, your stuck with a set of 10s. if you are, you still cant possibly go heavier than 10-52. i'd recommend dunlop strings, they seem to have a nice heavy sound from what ive encountered. hope this helps.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

ELixirs are great. 10s.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
9's or 10's. In general, I prefer 10's, they just sound fuller. I like DR or Didarios (sp?).
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by rhoadsfan92
the bridge on the rga121 is a little odd. i can tell you for a fact that a 10-60 set (like i use on my gio) will not fit through the bridge. a bigger problem, however, is the neck. the neck is incredibly thin, and wont even handle a set of 11s in standard tuning with the truss rod maxed out. if you arent downtuning, your stuck with a set of 10s. if you are, you still cant possibly go heavier than 10-52. i'd recommend dunlop strings, they seem to have a nice heavy sound from what ive encountered. hope this helps.

Really? JD from august burns red uses that as his main guitar and he plays in drop c

EDIT: I thought you ment you couldnt go heavier then 10's
Last edited by metalcorefan at Jul 26, 2009,