Hi this is my first post so i'm gonna get straight to the point.

i'm looking into frankenstiening my guitar.

I'm not gonna ask "how to do it" or stuff like that. but I'm looking to replace the Bridge and neck pickups in my Squire strat and replace them with a humbucker at the bridge and a seymor duncan at the neck. now my question is: is it possible to do in the first place?

and if so is it a good idea in terms of getting a good sound (overall) without buzzing or stuff like that?
Quote by grungeologist
I'm not gonna ask "how to do it" or stuff like that. but I'm looking to replace the Bridge and neck pickups in my Squire strat and replace them with a humbucker at the bridge and a seymor duncan at the neck. now my question is: is it possible to do in the first place?

and if so is it a good idea in terms of getting a good sound (overall) without buzzing or stuff like that?

It is very possible, many people buy squiers just for this purpose.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
ok cool, but is it the procedure of taking them out and simply replacing them. or is there more complexity involved?
You'll need a new pickguard thats cutout for a humbucker, then just unsolder your single coils and put the humbucker in. You may want to change the pots to 500k though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
ok if i do that, will i have to do the same for a duncan Neck pick up. and what if i don't change it to 500k