What kind of amp is good for jazz. I read in a book that a good jazz amp is clean with no gain. Some amps have gain for the 0 knob, but it still has gain. So, I need a amp with seriously no gain and a reasonable price.
Gear

Jackson DKM2 Dinky, Seymour Duncan Pickups, Jackson Patented FLoyd Rose, Maple Neck
Line6 Spider III, Line6 FBV footboard, BOSS SuperShifter PS-5
Tascam US-122, ZOOM Rythmtrak RT-123, Zoom MRS-4 MultiTrak
Drumsite, Audacity
Last edited by xIxLxCDTxxx at Jul 26, 2009,
Some sort of Fender maybe? Any amp with great cleans can do jazz.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
just get an amp with a clean channel?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Well I am totally broke for now, does anyone have any good line6 spider III jazz settings I could use?
Gear

Jackson DKM2 Dinky, Seymour Duncan Pickups, Jackson Patented FLoyd Rose, Maple Neck
Drumsite, Audacity
One of the best possible is probably a Roland Jazz Chorus, altho they probably arent too reasonably priced. But any amp with a clean channel and an EQ would work well. If your serious about playing jazz, something with lower output pickups, like a full-hollow with a pickup, or even something like a Strat would work better than your Jacksons I think.
Clean modeler, no drive, a small bit of mid scooping, maybe light chorus and reverb.
Roland Jazz Chorus.

I dunno, any amp with good clean headroom and good cleans can do jazz, IMO.
would a strat with a scalloped fretboard and dimarzio pickups be fine?
Gear

Drumsite, Audacity
Depends on what Dimarzios you're talking about. Any guitar will givve you passable cleans, but not every guitar will give you great cleans.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
A humbucker dimarzio in bridge
a 50 or 60's blues single in middle
a malmsteen single coil(really a humbucker) in neck
Gear

Drumsite, Audacity
So you asked for a jazz amp, then said you can't afford a new amp?

Okay...

Also, if an amp has "no gain at all", then it will not have volume. Gain =/= distortion.
drive treble whatever you wanna call it
Gear

Drumsite, Audacity
I'd say the latter is more appropriate.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
try puting the treble at 10, mids at 5, and bass at 0. To get a darker tone, use your neck pickup's tone control. As soon as I did this, I noticed a big difference in tone, and it was very Wes Montgomery like. A fender blues junior would be a great amp for jazz, or any Fender tube amp for that matter. For jazz you always want some drive, just enough so that your normal playing is clean, and when you strum harder, you get a little drive, to add a simple touch. That is something charactaristic of using tube amps for cleaner tone. use your fingers to pick as well, that helps so much.