Schecter, out of the two.
But what is your budget, kinds of music you play, and do you have an preferences to materials (such as body woods, neck type, pick ups, hardware, etc...)
well depends what genre of music you play.. both are great guitars.. i would take the schecter over esp.. especially if you wanted emg pickups. Schecter is great for any style all around..
I play rock, metal, and occasionally some ska
My budget is $550
Last edited by carr4600 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Ghold125
White people singing reggae

lol

Ska is like reggae and punk mixed.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
First I was told it was a dance, short for "skanking" whatever the hell that is too...

God, I thought being a teenager in the 21st century was easy. Then I hear these phrases...
Schecter easily. It will be much higher quality than the ESP. Theres a big jump in quality when you get to the 400/401 LTD's. Not to mention the stock EMG 81/85s, its basically a metal master for the budget player.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
^Only if you know how to use it and are willing to put up with taking care of it.

Quote by leftyace
Schecter easily. It will be much higher quality than the ESP. Theres a big jump in quality when you get to the 400/401 LTD's. Not to mention the stock EMG 81/85s, its basically a metal master for the budget player.

so I should only get ESP if its 400/401 or higher?
Quote by carr4600
a trem is always nice

Are you going to be changing between tunings?
Well if you're gonna be changing tunings the only trem you're gonna want is a Strat tremolo. Either that or you're gonna want to buy 3 different guitars with floyds in 3 different tunings.
Quote by carr4600
so I should only get ESP if its 400/401 or higher?

If your going to spend $500 on a guitar than I wouldn't look at ESP, Ill try to explain. If I were buying a starter guitar I would get a Ibanez or ESP. If I was getting a mid level guitar I would get a Schecter, for a high level guitar...well there are many different selections.

These are just my personal preferences and should just be taken as an opinion.
Hooray for disclaimers!

^ yea im aware...its just easier for me to type ESP than LTD. dunno why, but its just faster to me. The parent company is the same and he knew what I was talking about so its not that big a deal.