Or a movie, or whatever you want to call it.

Anyway, I'm in the mood for some martial arts stuff, not flashy Jackie Chan style, I mean grittier, stuff like Tony Jaa (Ong Bak etc.).

Any suggestions? Something I have a chance of finding at a rental shop, perhaps?

And for any mods reading, do we have an "Only Films Thread"? I didn't see it in the "Forbidden Threads" thread.

Thanks
🙈 🙉 🙊
Dragonball
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin
(its kinda old though, good luck finding it at the video store)
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Last edited by Salmon86 at Jul 26, 2009,
hmm i want to say ichi the killer but you wouldnt find it at a rental shop, still a good film with good choreography, very gory though... theres a korean film thats pretty widely availiable a least in my area but i can't remember the name
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Forrest Gump. Always a goodie.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
hmm i want to say ichi the killer

That film had serious issues.

Anyway, 70's Karate movies are good.

Rent Chi Xu vs The Needles Of Death
Signatures Are Stupid
Snatch has some decent fights

Maybe Zatoichi?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
really doesn't get better than tony jaa, ong bak is a classic, when in doubt, just pop that bad boy back in
Super Ape on vinyl changed my life.
we don't have an only films thread because they never stay active and become pruned too easily.
Sent from my iPad.
How 'bout I recommend my balls in ya face huh?
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
the last samurai
bitch.
#1 Bad Astronaut Fan
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Im the crazy person on the tv show intervention who does duster.
Everyone should watch The Big Lebowski, so on the offchance you havent seen it watch it. Other than that the other suggestions are all good.
I am an officially ordained Dudist Priest.

"Human beings are miraculous for their ability to learn and adapt from their mistakes, but even more so for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams
Quote by paintITblack39
we don't have an only films thread because they never stay active and become pruned too easily.

Really? They get that few replies? Wow.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions guys, I've seen most of the Hollywood ones you've recommended but some of these look interesting.

Especially Pootang Assault 5 >_>.

Quote by tremeloud
How 'bout I recommend my balls in ya face huh?

Strange, doesn't come up in Wikipedia or imdb. Indie movie?
🙈 🙉 🙊
@ichi the killer
Quote by Bassist1992
That film had serious issues.

Yeah but I feel it adressed serious issues with the modern world and it... nah i just liked all the gore and epic random conversations.. I agree issues but still a great film

edit: not in the same vein but have you seen once were warriors, its a very good film and has fighting although its more brawls i think its set in New Zealand or Aus.
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Last edited by generatestatic at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by boston1992
i know this might sound typical
fight club

Fight club really isn't about fighting. It's not an action martial arts movie.

It's fantastic and easily one of the best movies I've ever seen, but it doesn't sound like the kind of movie OP wants.
Quote by Don_Leno
Everyone should watch The Big Lebowski, so on the offchance you havent seen it watch it. Other than that the other suggestions are all good.

This.