Hey guys, I recently got a new guitar.

the strings it came with are 9s (I think)

when I went to go re-string it with 11s and even 10s, the strings would buzz

I have an adjustable bridge, but when I raised it high enough to keep the strings from buzzing, I got some weird buzzing in the bridge

how can I fix this??
Don't worry, your screwing with your guitar too much, just put the bridge back down. Every guitar has buzz, and you would never hear it through your amp unless if you play on clean on 1.
it could be a loose tuning nob, i had the same problem, and it eventually got under my skin to the point of being unable to ignore it. for the longest time i could never figure it out and one day my friend was messing around with some experimental tunings he made up and noticed the low E tuning thingy (i know) was loose. we fixed it and the buzz went away.

sorry for the long story
There's nothing wrong with messing with your guitar... heck I recommend adjusting the truss rod a little each way, and observing the effect it has on the neck, just to make someone stop being afraid of them... (take this with a grain of salt, don't ever go turning more than 1/8th of a rotation at a time o.o).

Anyway, OP, are you sure its not a string at the nut?? It's probably a loose something or other, and if it doesn't affect your sound in anyway, and you can't find the cause, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Quote by darkcheef
Don't worry, your screwing with your guitar too much, just put the bridge back down. Every guitar has buzz, and you would never hear it through your amp unless if you play on clean on 1.

I don't care when I can and when I can't hear it

I don't like the buzz
A brand new guitar shouldn't be buzzing with 9s on it
some brands of strings just buzz when u first put them on. that could be the problem
I just spent a while trying to get rid of the fret buzz on my "denstone" ebay-cheapo-strat . I half did it cause the buzz annoyed me, but as someone above said, it helps you learn what all the different things on the guitar do. I played with action for ever, different strings. I can't seem to get an allen key to adjust the truss rod. Cheapo-neck I guess. It's a small truss rod hole too, so its really hard to see anything, so I gave up on the truss rod.

Then I started experimenting with shims. 1 piece, 2 pieces, 3 pieces of cardboard, front of neck, back of neck, some would help certain areas, others not so much. Sanded the paint out of the neck pocket. Same thing. Didn't help much. I noticed my nut wasn't sitting flush, so I pounded it and moved it over like 1/64" of inch so it was flush with both sides of the fretboard, so I went back to the shims.

After screwing my neck on for the 18th time, I noticed my neck wasn't straight. My high e string kept slipping off the fretboard past the 15th fret and my low e was way over starting on the 13th fret. So I used two pieces of cardboard to shim my neck on the side inside the lower horn so it sat straight and my strings aligned straight all the way down the fretboard and the buzz is pretty much gone. A slight buzz on 2 frets maybe, but thats probably either a small truss rod adjustment, crappy nut, crappy bridge, or crappy frets.

Anyways I'm happy with all my experimenting, I learned a lot on adjusting things on my guitar. Shimming the side of my neck and getting it straight and my nut straight, I can get my action lower which I like and all my strings sound even whereas before, when my high e was slipping it was hard to even hear I was playing it, and I couldn't get any harmonics. Amazing what 1 little piece of cardboard and a 1/64" of a nut movement to the left had.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by Ninjaplz
I don't care when I can and when I can't hear it

I don't like the buzz
A brand new guitar shouldn't be buzzing with 9s on it

It should, .09's buzz the worst, especially on the D string from my use. My friend had a new PRS mira and that still buzzed, every guitar made will buzz unless if someone inspects it for 5 hours or if it's a fretless.
Does it buzz when you play open strings ?

If your guitar is setup with a very low action then you are more than likely to get some buzz. If you increase the relief in the neck does it go ?

For most people guitars don't buzz when playing open strings but depending on how low the action is can buzz if played hard.
set it up with 10s, stretch them out and let them settle in. lower the action and then raise it just enough so it doesnt buzz too much (up to opinion) then look down the neck and see if its straight. if theres too much of a curve it will play like ****. but you do want a little tiny bit of a curve though. remember 1/8th turns counter clockwise to kill the backwards bow every few hours untill its straight. then make sure it is in tune and check the intonation of each string by fretting the 12th (double dots) and see if those match up to the open string. adjusting the bridge pieces out cause it to be flatter and in to be sharper.

good luck.