Hey, today I found something really cool!

I was walking down the road with my girlfriend when i noticed a gigantic pile of garbage bags and suit cases at the end of someones driveway. I knew that there were new people moving in so they were probably getting rid of old junk left over from the previous owner. As we got closer i noticed a black wooden box that had something written written on the top. This really caught my attention so i went over to investigate. The word "Stardust" was painted on top in an intresting way.
At this point i had to open it. My girlfriend was not very thrilled about me going through someones garbage but this was too cool. I lifted the lid and inside were a bunch of old patch cables and colored lightbulbs and other cables. There were parts from microphones and one little black box in the corner. i noticed a couple curly cables so i said "sweet, im keeping these". Then i picked up the little box in the corner. I looked at the side and it said "Fuzz Box".

This in the most amazing thing i have ever found. Its an old Companion FY-2 Fuzz Box. Ive already searched it a bit online and these things are selling for up to 350$ on Ebay! The ones I found on the net have the Shin-Ei logo on it with the Companion logo but this one only says Companion. It also has an ON-OFF-ON toggle switch instead on a stompswitch. I think someone put this in though because of the bad soldering job.

I told my parents about it and they said that there used to be a guy that lived there that played in a local band in the 70's. They were called Stardust. The guy had moved away a long time ago and never came back. His mother lived there until earlier this year when she got moved into a seiniors home.

I havent been able to plug it in yet because the wires for the battery snap are badly damaged. I think tomorrow after i get home from work im going to repair the wires so i can give it a rip!

So yeah thats my story, If you have any info on this pedal i would be very intrested in reading it

Cheers,
Peter

EDIT: Pics on page 2
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by NOtrab at Jul 28, 2009,
Lucky!

The Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz is a pretty sweet sounding fuzz. I just ordered a GGG kit to build a clone of it actually.
I wish I had the guts to look through peoples trash. Lucky find!

You'll probably get a few "cool story, brah!"....
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
cool story, brah!
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko

That's awesome! I need to look through trash more often!

I look forward to pics and clips.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
pics or GTFO
damn the coolest thing i ever found in my trash was a dead racoon. how come i never fine something awsome
i can get pics but i cant get clips. sorry. i just have to find the cable for my camera!
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Pics or it's a Metal Zone.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Sweet find, post pics and clips!
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Cool story, brah
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
My thought is that the forum will be calm inthe next few days, then a bunch N*D will pop out with people finding old crap in the garbage lol, nice find.
But srly, pics or its a FZ 5
Normal people find this in their trash

you somehow found a 350 dollar guitar pedal
do we live on the same planet?
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
cool story, brah!
This!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
as i was reading this i was thinking `cool story brah`but then i saw the line where you asked us for info on the pedal and it made it all better

anyways nice find! 350 on ebay...thats steep
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by stratman_13
You. Douche.

tell that to my computer! it wont let me upload pics! Ill keep trying but for now im in the process of repairing the battery snap.
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
awesome find, congrats!!!!!!!

and, a suggestion to the mods:
saying "cool story, brah" and posting that stupid pic should get the treatment as the who post the dreaded PEAR
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
awesome find, congrats!!!!!!!

and, a suggestion to the mods:
saying "cool story, brah" and posting that stupid pic should get the treatment as the who post the dreaded PEAR

LOL WUT?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Ok so i got it working and it sounds very rough and chainsaw like but i guess thats how its supposed to sound. It sounds quite mean when using single notes but mudds up really bad when chording. The toggle switch works in three positions,

Up=Clean, un modified sound
Middle=no sound at all
Down=Fuzz

its very intresting. Im sorry i dont have any way or recording any clips. I guess the closest thing to hear it would be to listen to Radiohead's, Exit Music(For a Film). its used later on in the song.

As for pictures im gonna take some with my phone and then E-mail them to myself because i dont have a cable to connect it to my computer.
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Last edited by NOtrab at Jul 27, 2009,
You. Cunt. You. Fucking. Cunt.

Pics and some Jesus and Mary Chain clips or it's a Boss FZ-5.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Picture time!

Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
lol, no footswitch, looks sweet man, have a good trip to the 60s
HPND
Quote by Sguit
lol, no footswitch

It's not like it's terribly hard to add one.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
It's not like it's terribly hard to add one.

yeah I know, but it just was funny
im not sure if i want to refurbish it or not.
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6