Page 1 of 3
I DOOO!!!!!! Now before your like WTF, GTFO or any other memes let me explain what larping is(not a sexual term).

Live
Action
Role
Playing

The best way to put it is a medieval based game where people beat other people dressed up like Knights, Mages, Clerics, and any other medieval based character thought of, With foam covered swords, bows and arrows, axes and weapons.

Or the other definition that only Americans seem to get:Have you ever seen Rolemodles? Its what McLovin does but real and better.

Now from my understanding it is popular with other countries. In America its about as weird and shunned upon as WOW and furies. We are the geeks, nerds and losers, of the world. In actuallity all the people I know that do it are about as normal as you and me.

So in conclusion who does it. Whether Darkon or your own realm.

My realm is Dominion, based off of Darkon in Lower Bucks County, PA
Im Jako the spellsword
I'd rather not be a shame to my community.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'd rather play D&D, that way I'm not out in public making a fool out of myself
I'm usualy the last person to judge people... but.. seriously going to field with random people and playing out battles is my idea of an eternity of virginity....

alhough it worked out for that guy in rolemodles
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Quote by Bassist1992
No, I'm not a virgin.

Being myself a non-larping virgin, I am gravely offended good sir.
🙈 🙉 🙊
i do!!!!
i never thought i would meet anyone else who does. (other than my fellow larpers here in toronto)

my realm is Mallareon, a pretty popular one up here. my name's Mowa, the archmage
A group of social rejects dressing up like fantasy characters and hitting each other?

Nah.
Looks fun, but I would try to conceal my face as much as possible.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
People like you shouldn't be let out
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by Grindar
Large Area Recon Patrol

Yeah, I killed 4 terrorists on one. Beat that.

🙈 🙉 🙊
I'd do it in a heartbeat.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I live next to a park, there's a group who does it on Sundays there. They look like tremendous goobers, I won't lie. One time a friend and I were passing through said park and on a whim he joined them for a round or two, he was making fun of them but afterward he said it was pretty fun. But they still looked like tremendous goobers.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Theres more of us OneBlueEyeOpen!!!!! You wait and see

Some battles from my realm. THeres only 12 poeple in this video but there are about 70 people in the group only 8 events later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMvh1JX2l4w

My realms noob speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT1k4qJ2JeE
Larping tends to be mixed with public disruption in my area. Take a mall full of people, then all the sudden a quarter of them start light saber fighting in the way of everyone. I want to get started, a friend of mine is trying to get a platoon of soldiers together to take a street while a festival is going on, on that street.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Is LAIRE you asshole.

Start quoting Role Models.......now!

"Classic case of guy laying on the ground"
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
I live next to a park, there's a group who does it on Sundays there. They look like tremendous goobers, I won't lie. One time a friend and I were passing through said park and on a whim he joined them for a round or two, he was making fun of them but afterward he said it was pretty fun. But they still looked like tremendous goobers.
But you call people goobers, so it's not like you're super cool.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've never done it or seen it in real life, but it would probably be pretty fun once you get over the nerdiness.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I'm a nerd. I play WoW. LARP nerds are the guys that WoW nerds make fun of. That's like nerd^2.
Quote by OneBlueEyeOpen
i do!!!!
i never thought i would meet anyone else who does. (other than my fellow larpers here in toronto)

my realm is Mallareon, a pretty popular one up here. my name's Mowa, the archmage

Wow
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I would go with a foam shaphed gun. Then say I kill you all In one hit.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
You spelled furries wrong

Also, I know a few people that do, and it seems like it could be fun if their weren't so many rules and if you could actually just beat the crap out of each other. I've watched people do it and it just seems to be swing your PVC pipe weapon at each other slowly, with people getting hit in certain places and not being able to use that body part anymore (legs, you have to play on your knees, arms you can't use that arm anymore, body/head = your out). I think it could be fun if you could actually fight, and if you get hit you get hit (and hurt and your out), swinging something at 1/10th your strength just seems wrong.

Though, what I just described seems a lot more fun then what they were doing in that lightning bolt video.
Page 1 of 3