Hi, is there any Guitar cabinet that can handle a 5W Fender Champion 600? I love the tone from those 6V6's. I just need something that is a little more presentable(I play in a band with an acoustic drum set, a bass player, and a pianist. It doesn't need to be a 40W Bassman, but I just want something that looks a little less "tiny." Volume is fine for me right now, although I could use a little headroom. I like that dirty, Hubert Sumlin tone, if that makes any difference

EDIT: the Champ 600 is 4 ohms btw.
+1 Budget +1

Does your band mic up amps and drums or are you trying to get over all of that on your own?

I'd find a decnt 2x12 cab wired in parrallel or whatever you need to give you 4 ohms. Check craigslist first and then report back here if you don't find anything.
My budget would be about the same amount as the amp. (only as far as $200). We're trying to keep all the sound basically acoustic, but I know that's not always a possibility. I'm not exactly willing to buy used, or doing any modding, I'm just woundering if anyone makes a 4 ohm guitar cabinet.
Yeah, but he's already pushing it by using a 5w combo in a band situation. He needs all the volume he can get.
Quote by willwelsh816
Hi, is there any Guitar cabinet that can handle a 5W Fender Champion 600? I love the tone from those 6V6's. I just need something that is a little more presentable(I play in a band with an acoustic drum set, a bass player, and a pianist. It doesn't need to be a 40W Bassman, but I just want something that looks a little less "tiny." Volume is fine for me right now, although I could use a little headroom. I like that dirty, Hubert Sumlin tone, if that makes any difference

EDIT: the Champ 600 is 4 ohms btw.
You only have one in a Champion 600.

Almost ANY cab can handle 5W. You'd be hard pressed to find one that can't.
But look for an efficiency rating expressed as dB/watt/meter. The higher the number, the louder it will be compared to other cabs with a lower efficiency. And of course, maximum power is transferred when impedances match.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jul 28, 2009,
^what he said too

Quote by willwelsh816
My budget would be about the same amount as the amp. (only as far as $200). We're trying to keep all the sound basically acoustic, but I know that's not always a possibility. I'm not exactly willing to buy used, or doing any modding, I'm just woundering if anyone makes a 4 ohm guitar cabinet.

Seriously. You are better off with a used cab. Speakers will be broken in and everything. Look for used Marshall, Avatar, Mesa, Vadar, Framus etc and if you need help deciding let us know. You won't find a good cab new for $200. Good speakers are amost $100 each.

Edit:

Quote by Kevy Absolution
You can get a smaller 8ohm cab you know. You don't need to match resistance, just exceed it.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-1X12-Extension-Cab?sku=481026

Matches the Champ 600, which I have and love, btw.

^that could work too for 1x12 depending on what you are trying to do.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 29, 2009,