Picked this up the other day from my local Cash Converters store (pawn shop, if you like) for $190 AUD with a hard case (probably $160USD?) Looks weird, but still heaps nicer in person.

^The family.

Anyone have any idea what pickup this might be? Live Wire? It's active.

Anyone know if this stringlock will work once I get replacement screws and plates for it? Since the strings aren't aligned perfectly evenly. Keep in mind I've never used a guitar with a locking nut before, so I don't know what it should be like.

A few questions for knowledgable Kahler people:
Any ideas where to get the parts I need (trem arm, string lock screws and plates) in Australia? Kahlerparts.com would $105AUD incl. shipping for the parts, and I'm not sure if it's worth spending that much to get it working perfectly again. Is it worth it? $295AUD for the guitar with a working string lock and trem arm.

I'm happy with my purchase Plays amazingly actually, doesn't even need a set up. Stay's in tune suprisingly well considering the lack of the string-lock working. Of course, goes out of tune pretty easily if I muck around pushing in the trem (no trem arm).
That looks like Fender, Jackson, Hamer, and Washburn got into a giant car wreck and that thing was born...

I dont believe I have ever seen a guitar like that...
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Last edited by diofan88 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by diofan88
That looks like Fender, Jackson, Hamer, and Washburn got into a giant car wreck and that thing was born...

A floating tremolo seems so weird on a tele.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I think that pickup is a Blackout. Livewire's I think have Dave Mustaine's name on them?

Happy NGD!
Quote by diofan88

I was gunna basically say something like that!

Ya, but the guitar looks really nice! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I think that pickup is a Blackout. Livewire's I think have Dave Mustaine's name on them?

Happy NGD!

That's what I thought at first, but I beleive Dave Mustain has his own signiture Live Wires out, in the late 80's (when I beleive this guitar was made - certainly looks like it haha) Dave Mustain didn't have claim over them.
Quote by BGSM
That's what I thought at first, but I beleive Dave Mustain has his own signiture Live Wires out, in the late 80's (when I beleive this guitar was made - certainly looks like it haha) Dave Mustain didn't have claim over them.

I wouldn't doubt it. The guy endorses anything.

Anybody want signature Dave Mustaine coffee?
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

Even the coffee brand name suggests money.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I wouldn't doubt it. The guy endorses anything.

Haha. Well I've seen pictures of non-Dave Live Wires. Also, I beleive in the 80's he was even less of a tool than he is now... unbeleiveably.
that looks BADASS!! just clean the fretboard and bridge, then leave it as is... looks waaaayy more metal than your other guitars
Quote by BGSM

Anyone know if this stringlock will work once I get replacement screws and plates for it? Since the strings aren't aligned perfectly evenly. Keep in mind I've never used a guitar with a locking nut before, so I don't know what it should be like.

A few questions for knowledgable Kahler people:
Any ideas where to get the parts I need (trem arm, string lock screws and plates) in Australia? Kahlerparts.com would $105AUD incl. shipping for the parts, and I'm not sure if it's worth spending that much to get it working perfectly again. Is it worth it? $295AUD for the guitar with a working string lock and trem arm.

The stringlock will work fine, as long as the bridge locks, mine works fine, and my bridge doesn't even lock.

I'm pretty sure Kahlerparts is the only place to get those, as they don't make that type of after-the-nut string lock anymore.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
That´s the problem with Kahlers is that there is little to no support for them. Finding parts can get frustrating.

To clarify on the post above - yes they still do make this stringlock, it just looks funny without the plates and screws in it.
Amazing, I can't answer any of you questions sorry!
I wish I could find something like that in Cash Converters, I once knew a guy who maneged to get an 80s fender which was all out modded for a floyd rose and humbuckers and whatnot. I never get lucky.
Haha ^. I used to think exactly the same thing, your time will come soon!
Very nice, you have by law to do some sound clips for us.

HNGD dude
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Awesome purchase man I wish the cashies near me would stock something ****ing decent for once instead of those cheap starter guitars HNGD
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Awesome purchase man I wish the cashies near me would stock something ****ing decent for once instead of those cheap starter guitars HNGD

Says the guy with the Caparison, ESP, and good Ibanez.
Quote by Vlasco
Says the guy with the Caparison, ESP, and good Ibanez.

But I had to pay top dollar for them. See if a Caparison popped up for a measly $500aud I would be over the moon and be an asshole and tell the ts he didn't get a good deal but that's never going to happen so he got a good deal.
God, it's beautiful haha
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
That's an awesome find. I love pawnshop guitars!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
This is a killer machine! Never seen such a thing but I love it.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Haha thanks for all the replies. I might do a YouTube vid today if I've got the time - I'm at home since I've finished exams and most of my mates still have exams to do.