Page 1 of 6
http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/94pf2/att_is_now_blocking_all_access_to_img4chanorg/

Anything from img.4chan.org is blocked on AT&T now. As a result, the /b/ board of 4chan is effectively unusable for customers on AT&T. This isn't without precedent. In Canada, Telus blocked access to a union website that they were in a dispute with for all its customers. Obviously they were met with insane backlash. This is the type of thing that holds back the internet from being used to its full potential.

Of course, they honestly could not have picked a more entertaining target for this. The type of people who go to that board aren't really going to take this lying down so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.
I don't really care about 4chan, but yeah it sounds like a AT&T is picking a fight that can have bad repurcussions. AT&T is bad enough, but imagine the image they might get if/when 4chan retaliates.
First they came for the pedophiles, and I said nothing, for I was not a pedophile.

What's the reason behind the censorship?
Quote by The Horror!

What's the reason behind the censorship?

I saw that.
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
the site says the only confirmed place it's blocked is california.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
They just want to censor hentai? I thought this was going to be something about legal issues.

They are not nerdy 15 year old boys, therefore they should stay out.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by metaldud536
Eh where is a trusty internet news website where I can read this? Because I'm using AT&T and I can still go on 4chan.

same
no sig for joo
Honestly, 4chan can be a force to be reckoned with. I can't tell you how many 4chan memes I've heard people say in real life. They have the power to spread something as far as they want.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

This is right, the only confirmed blocking is in Cali. Plus I doubt any big new site is going to pick this up right away.
I have AT&T and live in Illinois and can't access the website (not that I ever do anyways). It just keeps timing out.

Dun, dun, dunnnn.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
it's kind of scary, reminds me of how would the censorship of the internet and eventually free speech can commence.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
TS, I will fight you.

E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
At&t picking a fight with anonymous isn't going to end well. Its like the school bully picking a fight with the weird chinese kid who knows martial arts.
Last edited by ESPplayer5150 at Jul 26, 2009,
We are anonymous. Anon is legion. Anon never forgives. Anon can be a horrible, senseless, uncaring monster. Anon is still able to deliver. Anon is everywhere, even on the inside of the source...

seriously though some /B/tard who works at AT&T probably just trolled the entire country...
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
At&t picking a fight with anonymous isn't going to end well. Its like the school bully picking a fight with the weird chinese kid who martial arts.

Mm yeah...wouldn't want to pick fights with weird people with no verbs ; )
I hope 4chan dies at some point, but I don't think AT&T is gonna stop them
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Awesome, I wanna see how this plays out.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by denfilade
Mm yeah...wouldn't want to pick fights with weird people with no verbs ; )

lol i got it.
Quote by Ajax413
http://stormen.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/att-blocks-4chan/

According to this they've already started planning a counter-attack. First up is the CEO. lulz will ensue, gentlemen.

A man was irritated that Verizon didn't protect his information, so he managed to go through the company to get the CEO's home address and sat outside the house with a megaphone shouting "Can you hear me now?"

That's just one man. AT&T is f*cking with 4chan. Of course it'll be bad.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Quote by Metaldud536
Eh where is a trusty internet news website where I can read this? Because I'm using AT&T and I can still go on 4chan.

you don't live in Caly you live in "305"
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I hope 4chan dies at some point, but I don't think AT&T is gonna stop them

If anything, it is helping their RRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
i hope at&t tries to spread this, imagine if the interwebs united to fight these duchebags, we could be done with bandwidth monitoring and censorship and all the things the internet needs to be rid of
~Defiant~
I don't understand why AT&T should be scared for blocking them. Someone enlighten thee.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Aurex
i hope at&t tries to spread this, imagine if the interwebs united to fight these duchebags, we could be done with bandwidth monitoring and censorship and all the things the internet needs to be rid of

Yeah but what if then they censor a ****load of websites, and go on a frenzy and ****.