So a local music shop is hosting an open mic night near my house. My band played an original and got a great response. We were thinking of playing a cover next time (which is probably next week) so i was just wondering what the Pit would think would be a good, moderately easy (were a 3-piece band) cover song in the metal genre to do?
We were thinking something pretty well known like some older metallica or maybe slayer but any suggestions are helpful.
Electric Eye
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Do a harder, rougher, more Metal version of Ball And Chain by Social Distortion
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
3 piece as in guitar bass an drums? Anyone sing? Older metallica maybe something like For Whom The Bell Tolls, my personal favorite.
I'd suggest doing punk if you want something easy to play and sing.. if your instrumental, hmm, I'd go with slayer... i can see their songs working better without lyrics.
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
If you want something without vocals, and can pull it off: Call of Ktulu-Metallica. So badass.
Quote by generatestatic
I'd suggest doing punk if you want something easy to play and sing.. if your instrumental, hmm, I would not go with slayer... i can see their songs working better without lyrics.

Fixed.
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
if someone is singing, for whom the bells toll is a great piece thats easy as hell. its even better if your bassist is good enough to "solo up" the intro like they do live. i do it in my three piece band and it works great. Guitarist and i both sing chorus and he does verse cuz its really easy on the guitar part.
Quote by b1acK_shadowz
stairway to heaven

+1
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
immortally insane by pantera.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Bullet For My Valentine - Hand of Blood
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Bullet For My Valentine - Hand of Blood

Despite the main riff, and many parts of that song, featuring two-part harmonies on the guitar that would be fairly unplayable to the average/hobby guitarist...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
dio- holy diver. Pull it off right, the crowd will wanna marry you.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Wow thanks for all the suggestions guys, really helpful
our bassist and drummer sing(atleast on our own written songs, my guitar riffs tend to be more involved than to sing with atm)