Not the only endorser, but the only signature model, thats for sure.

Hard times for BC. Rich?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Nobody seems to pay attention to B.C. Rich due to the rapidly declining quality. Or so I hear, I played a Mockingbird and Warbeast at GC (ugh) and they looked and felt great.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Scutchington
Nobody seems to pay attention to B.C. Rich due to the rapidly declining quality. Or so I hear, I played a Mockingbird and Warbeast at GC (ugh) and they looked and felt great.

BC Rich's quality remains great, but only in the medium and high level guitars, and the low level guitars are total garbage.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
What i have heard is that BC Rich used to be really good, then like how dean is today, They lost their image and quality turned crap, but now they are becoming really good again. I jst don't like the Bassy tone on their guitars
Quote by Aditya_ram
What i have heard is that BC Rich used to be really good, then like how dean is today, They lost their image and quality turned crap, but now they are becoming really good again. I jst don't like the Bassy tone on their guitars

They make guitars with all maple bodies and high output pickups. That's trebly, bro.
And a lot of their mahogany guitars have very treble based pickups, as well.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Jul 27, 2009,
i saw some youtube vids of the NJ Models- NJ deluxe warbeast and junior v and they sounded very bassy and had no crunch in em for my tastes
Quote by Justice4AllOne
BC Rich's quality remains great, but only in the medium and high level guitars, and the low level guitars are total garbage.

+1
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by bagpipemetal
I don't how good they sound they look like Power-ranger swords!

lol
but i dig the looks
Quote by Aditya_ram
i saw some youtube vids of the NJ Models- NJ deluxe warbeast and junior v and they sounded very bassy and had no crunch in em for my tastes

But what you've obviously haven't accounted for is the amp used, mic used, mic positioning, compression, video editing, your computer stereo, quality of youtube vids etc etc. Just short of saying that youtube vids are about as useful for sound testing as a formula 1 car is for speed hump testing.

Anyway while he may be the only signature guitarist I still reckon BC Rich are doing okay for themself they'll still have the crappy low end guitars for no0bs that want to be awesome and **** but they still can cater for the extreme metalhead category and produce some nice looking guitar (gunslinger, asm pro).
^
the guitar videos im talking about are the ones by TheToneKing, which are there on the BC Rich website itself. And he is running it through a Bugera Tube or something.
IMO you have to pay way to much money to get a good new one (like around $800), with that price you could get a great set up prs se.
Quote by darkcheef
IMO you have to pay way to much money to get a good new one (like around $800), with that price you could get a great set up prs se.

do those come with OFR's and EMG's?

naw.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
do those come with OFR's and EMG's?

naw.

I would take a nice strat rather than a spikey flamboyant guitar with a ofr and emg's. But hey that's just me
It seems as though he is the only one, sadly. B.C. Rich is one of my favorite guitar companies; I actually own one. The neck on my Bronze Mockingbird is actually surprisingly fast. I always thought it was thick until I played an Epiphone Dot the other day and it felt like I was holding a slab of 2x4 in my hand.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
ive heard only great things about BC Rich necks, how they are perfectly set-up etc
I love BC Rich based on the reputation of the 80's mia models. I have been trying to find a good late model Rich and I just don't think they make any. Even the NJ Jr V seemed cheap and tone-less and everybody is raving over that one making it expensive and hard to find. When I did finally locate one to play, I was angry that I searched for one! I would pay no more than $200 for a new Rich unless it came from the Custom shop because, imo, thats what they are worth. It makes me sad.

****edit**** I have done set-ups on 10 late model BC Riches for people and on 7 out of the 10, the truss rod runs out of adjustment before the neck is where it needs to be. The exact problem the Imported Riches had in the 80's but then they had the mia models to redeem the company's reputation. They don't have that luxury today.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Last edited by miketheslut at Jul 27, 2009,
Because everyone plays metal, right?

I play Death/Thrash/Metalcore on a strat with humbuckers without a problem, I'm also the only person I know who plays Metal on a Strat, granted it's modded to have two humbuckers but still I prefer the classic look of the strat.

The only people I know who want a B.C. Rich are 13/14 year olds, my little brother for example, "That's an awesome guitar it's sooooo spiky and awesome looking!"

Childish! just like glam!

Sorry please don't flame me but they also look like they'd hurt you if you played sitting down.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jul 27, 2009,
most people looking into bc rich would probaly.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Or people who are into B.C. Rich are big Chuck Schuldiner fans like myself. The Stealth is amazing.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
I haven't played a Stealth but once again, Rich is trying to sell guitars based on the reputation of something or someone who isn't even around anymore, The mia models and Chuck. r.i.p. to both.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
granted the cheap ones are kinda crappy (thats why they are cheap) bc rich guitars are actually pretty good. big f-ing deal if someone wants to play a guitar that doesnt look like everyone elses. and about the Schuldiners, chuck is dead and they still make his guitars its, not a marketing scam or something, when les paul finally kicks the bucket ppl would be pretty pissed if they stoped selling les paul guitars wouldnt they?
^ true very true. I guess I get down cuz they used to be "my brand" but now I play Ibanez because its the closest thing you can get to the old Rich necks. The new necks are more Gibson profil-ish to me instead of what I, only 1 person, considers a masterpeice. Lol
Quote by Goodtimes666
granted the cheap ones are kinda crappy (thats why they are cheap) bc rich guitars are actually pretty good. big f-ing deal if someone wants to play a guitar that doesnt look like everyone elses. and about the Schuldiners, chuck is dead and they still make his guitars its, not a marketing scam or something, when les paul finally kicks the bucket ppl would be pretty pissed if they stoped selling les paul guitars wouldnt they?