Page 1 of 3
I know it's stupid but I feel this way. A friend of mine invited me to go to this hotel where his family was to hang out a bit. It was a nice place, very classy and full of "jet set" type people. I immediately felt so awkard and out of place I just had to leave and just walked around outside.

How many of you feel this way?
No.

But, then again, my uncle is the CFO of Northwest Airlines, lives in a mansion and such, and we visit him once a year, so I'm used to it.

And please, don't say "bitch be lyin", because I'm not.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 26, 2009,
Awkward as in I want to punch myself in the face as soon as I enter? Then yes, yes I do. Something about me sticks out like a sore thumb at these places and I do my best to avoid them completely.
Lift not the painted veil which those who live
Call life; though unreal shapes be pictured there,
And it but mimic all we would believe
yes, i grew up middle class and now my family is pretty rich and i still haven't gotten used to it and feel really out of place.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Yea I know the feeling you're talking about. I feel like I should immediately and go listen to Master of Puppets or something.
Your life burns faster!

Gear: Esp Kirk Hammett signature series Ltd. KH-202
no cos i know the people in classy places are posers my village is pretty upmarket, the people i get in the pub i work at are loaded and they dress regular, don't brag and they wouldn't bother staying in a really pmarket hotel, less to spen having fun, places that are "classy" just make me smile (we're not loaded by the way, we just live there)
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Not at all.

Somebody jumping in front of me and flapping their schlong around would make me feel awkward.
yeah, I used to date a girl who had some very rich parents, and I HATED going over to her house, her parents were such stuck up assholes
Not when I'm carrying my gun

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I can tolerate it but really dislike dressing up and being fancy. I would rather sit around in my bedroom eating pizza and watching T.V. than going out to a fancy restaurant wearing a suit and all that. It seems extremely wasteful and unnecessary to devote so much time towards appearance, fashion, overly polite customs, etc.
I do only if I'm not familiar with the people there. If it's with at least 2-4 friends then I don't care at all.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Not when I'm carrying my axe...

or my bow...
Quote by SoftOath
u mean grammar nazi...wait

grammar jesus = grammar nazi...then ....jesus = nazi!!!

omg

Quote by Zugunruhe
*squishes allan143 with a rolled up newspaper*

ok, now everyone can agree that mosquitoes are douchebags.

8/7/09 Night of the Pear II (i was there)
Quote by 24Hammett24
Yea I know the feeling you're talking about. I feel like I should immediately and go listen to Master of Puppets or something.

EXACTLY!
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I do only if I'm not familiar with the people there. If it's with at least 2-4 friends then I don't care at all.

Yeah, if I had a few more people I knew there I would probably enjoy myself.
Yeah, I usualy feel quite akward in places like that, the best way to combat it is to stare back at anyone staring at you, its disconcerting as hell for them, amusing and suprisingly satisfying for you.
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
I don't feel awkward at all. I feel awkward when I'm with people who are poorer than me. 'Cept when I'm with my friends =P
~Carl
Quote by allan143
or my bow...

Not when I have my Legolas with me to shoot arrows from said bow.
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Yeah, I know what you mean. My girlfriend's parents are pretty "fancy" so I feel that alot, especially when they invite me to parties or something. Every shirt I own is a band shirt and I'm usually blasting Iron Maiden, so I guess it's kinda my fault.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
gentleman thread is as classy as it gets and i feel right at home in there
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
not until i say something that would go unnoticed elsewhere like "jeez, this spaghetti is better than crack" or "my balls hurt" or "f*ck snobby rich people"
Quote by crazy8rgood
No.

But, then again, my uncle is the CFO of Northwest Airlines, lives in a mansion and such, and we visit him once a year, so I'm used to it.

bitch be lyin
My dad is CFO of a pretty big company and I have to go to business dinners with him sometimes. I hate it. It's so awkward for me because I don't really fit in with the snobby rich kids there. The pointless small talk is the worst part. I'd rather be at my house eating a pizza as well.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
It's the opposite for me. I feel really awkward when I'm surrounded by people with band t-shirts and heavy headbangers.

I love music and I often listen to trash metal, but come on, I feel it's a little bit exaggerated to act like a rude metalhead EVERY single day. Especially when you are one of those music elitist who think that everyone wearing a lacoste t shirt sucks and that you are on top of the world for wearing an old mastodon t shirt. It's an oxymoron; you are critizising other people's clothing for critizising yours.

So, yeah, I find that kind of thoughts to be pretty stupid. It's my own problem if I wear those Abercrombie shirts you hate, after all, I'm the one who buys them with my very own money.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Dude, all the time. Even when I go to a fancy restaurant. Cause I'm wearing a band shirt, jeans, and have chuck taylors on. So its like, "Oh, that's what you meant by wear a nice shirt."
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
I'm used to being broke and living in standard/substandard conditions. I hate it when people buy me food and I feel incredibly akward at rich people's places. That said, I rarely go such places, if ever.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I used to go to private school, I feel awkward around publies though, I hear they spread diseases.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Craigo
Nope, but I'm fairly socially unaware at most times. If anything, I'd feel contempt.

"21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's."

- Deuteronomy 5:21 (King James Version)
Quote by crazy8rgood
No.

bitch be lyin
edit: DAMMIT CATALAN123!!!
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by RHCP987123
bitch be lyin
edit: DAMMIT CATALAN123!!!

Looks like you're late to the party, guv.
Quote by dyerx
^gtfo w/ that sh*t

You shouldn't use such language so as to avoid offending the Lord of Heaven.
Quote by anti-N.I.C.E.
"21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's."

- Deuteronomy 5:21 (King James Version)

But what if thine neighbor has a nice ass?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by dyerx