Page 1 of 2
i was at Dallas speedway last night and i saw a vega wagon post 4.93 on the 1/4 mile...omg

so whats some crazy times or races you've seen pit?

edit, raceway not speedway
Last edited by bandt at Jul 27, 2009,
I like stock car races.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by bandt
i didn't believe it myself lol. but it was crazy

You are lying. That is funny car good. Funny cars make over 7,000hp. Do you really think that wagon can make 7,000hp?
Quote by Guitar Guy21
You are lying. That is funny car good. Funny cars make over 7,000hp. Do you really think that wagon can make 7,000hp?

well obviously it did. i didn't go look at it, but it sounded like it was up there.
what was the mph?
Quote by burrit0
Say your friend was high and doesn't know what he's talking about.
Well for those of you that have no clue what drag racing is, let me help you.
The NHRA is the largest drag racing circuit in the world. It's an acronym for the "National Hot Road Association." And hot rods they are.

Dragsters go down the quarter mile (reduced to a 1000 foot due to a recent death.) at speeds close to 310 MPH, which is takes about 3.5 seconds to make it down the track.

Funny cars are sedan shaped cars that go down the track at speeds close to 290 MPH, which takes about 3.7 seconds.

Pro Stock cars are almost exactly what they sound like. Also known as "factory hot rods," they are the slowest, but the most stock of all the drag racing cars. They go down the drag strip at close to 200 MPH, which takes about 4.5 seconds per run.

Pro Stock motorcycle (bike) are exactly the above, but motorcycles. They run about 170 MPH and take about 5 seconds per run.

Then there are sportsman races, which are also known as stock car races and what TS is talking about. The run in different times, depending on how big the motor is.

Since I live in Minnesota, I go to Brainerd every year for the NHRA drag races. And Guitar Guy, you best believe the speed. Since you live in Minnesota as well, you should check it out some time.

Youtube is full of drag racing videos. But watching the real thing in real time is much more fun.

The best race I've ever seen was in 2005 when Tony Schumacer went 334 MPH at Brainerd. A record, and awesome.

See for yourself, www.nhra.com
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Well for those of you that have no clue what drag racing is, let me help you.
The NHRA is the largest drag racing circuit in the world. It's an acronym for the "National Hot Road Association." And hot rods they are.

Dragsters go down the quarter mile (reduced to a 1000 foot due to a recent death.) at speeds close to 310 MPH, which is takes about 3.5 seconds to make it down the track.

Funny cars are sedan shaped cars that go down the track at speeds close to 290 MPH, which takes about 3.7 seconds.

Pro Stock cars are almost exactly what they sound like. Also known as "factory hot rods," they are the slowest, but the most stock of all the drag racing cars. They go down the drag strip at close to 200 MPH, which takes about 4.5 seconds per run.

Pro Stock motorcycle (bike) are exactly the above, but motorcycles. They run about 170 MPH and take about 5 seconds per run.

Then there are sportsman races, which are also known as stock car races and what TS is talking about. The run in different times, depending on how big the motor is.

Since I live in Minnesota, I go to Brainerd every year for the NHRA drag races. And Guitar Guy, you best believe the speed. Since you live in Minnesota as well, you should check it out some time.

Youtube is full of drag racing videos. But watching the real thing in real time is much more fun.

The best race I've ever seen was in 2005 when Tony Schumacer went 334 MPH at Brainerd. A record, and awesome.

See for yourself, www.nhra.com

You really think some souped up car off the street could be pulling off NHRA times?
again, what was the mph?
Quote by burrit0
Say your friend was high and doesn't know what he's talking about.
i honestly dont recall but thats no reason to call me a liar. i know what i saw, r0ck knows his shi.t also. it's not impossible
Quote by bandt
i honestly dont recall but thats no reason to call me a liar. i know what i saw, r0ck knows his shi.t also. it's not impossible

He's not talking about Vega wagons though.
No. Actually, bandt, I think you lied.

The car type didn't hit the brain until after I finished posting.
Unless it had 7,000 HP or ran a 3 second red light, there's no way.

But it's not just pulled off the street and souped up. The sportsman bracket cars have to fit certain weight, suspension, horsepower, wheel size, fuel type and other regulations.

Post a vid, or you're pretty much done for. Lolz.
i never said it was pulled off the street. there were funny cars, there were drag trucks...once again, i never looked at it, but it wasn't pulled off the street and souped up
I wasn't talking to you about that. Some dude above me. Lol. Too lazy to quote.

Anyway, was it a funny car? I've never heard of a Vega wagon funny car.
Anybody else think that most racing is incredibly boring?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
NASCAR is boring.

@ Guitar Guy IHRA cars are mostly alcohol, so yes a lot slower than NHRA.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
NASCAR is boring.

@ Guitar Guy IHRA cars are mostly alcohol, so yes a lot slower than NHRA.

I agree with the Nascar part. My favorite racing is F1.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I pass on anything that goes in circles.

Well dirt track racing is better than asphalt imho. I live close to a dirt track. It's cheap entertainment.
Quote by bandt
we have a dirt track about 45 minutes from here, but it's much cheaper to head up to crandall for drag.

What track is it?
it's called dallas raceway, but its like 30 miles from dallas, i guess its just so IHRA can say they have something for dallas
Quote by bandt
it's called dallas raceway, but its like 30 miles from dallas, i guess its just so IHRA can say they have something for dallas

Well, it wouldn't be good to have a track in the city.
Hey Guitar Guy, what city in Minnesota do you live in? Not to sound like a creeper or anything... you just have me curious.

I'm from Mounds View, its in the north metro.

I'll agree with you on the dirt track stuff. Atleast dirt, smoke and debris fills the sky. Monster Trucks at the Metrodome aren't that bad either. At least there's destruction in all the races there.

Trailer races, stadium trucks, demolition derby, rollover contest (EXACTLY how it sounds), ATV's, dirtbikes, stadium cars, monster trucks, dirt, smoke and flying metal coudn't be a better combination.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Hey Guitar Guy, what city in Minnesota do you live in? Not to sound like a creeper or anything... you just have me curious.

I'm from Mounds View, its in the north metro.

I'll agree with you on the dirt track stuff. Atleast dirt, smoke and debris fills the sky. Monster Trucks at the Metrodome aren't that bad either. At least there's destruction in all the races there.

Trailer races, stadium trucks, demolition derby, rollover contest (EXACTLY how it sounds), ATV's, dirtbikes, stadium cars, monster trucks, dirt, smoke and flying metal coudn't be a better combination.

Right now I live by a small town called Hamburg. It's about an hour southwest of downtown Minneapolis. I'm moving to St. Cloud in under a month.
we have this small little dirt track about 15 miles from where i live, but last time i went it was just a bunch of rednecks trying to race they're old caminos lol. so i just said screw it, i'd rather go see IHRA races and people who actually have drag cars race lol
Quote by bandt
we have this small little dirt track about 15 miles from where i live, but last time i went it was just a bunch of rednecks trying to race they're old caminos lol. so i just said screw it, i'd rather go see IHRA races and people who actually have drag cars race lol

Yea that wouldn't be good. My local dirt track has sprint cars and modifieds.
Oh sweet. St. Cloud is like a 30 minute drive from here.

If you think Texas is redneck, come to Minnesota. Sometimes I wonder how the south could be any worse.

And DO NOT hate on El Camino's. I have dreams of racing one in Sportsmen. Slap a 454 in that beast and it'll roar. I'd be running just under 10 seconds. I love the sportsmen bracket... fast old cars that sound awesome.
I'm not a big fan of drag racing. If I had to option of going to a Formula One event or a NHRA event I'd chose the F1. I'd want to see constant racing, not 7-10 seconds then 7-10 seconds more.
i didn't hate on them! lol i just said i didn't want to see old fat guys with a can of beer in their hand hanging out the window racing them in some small flea ridden dirt track hah

and F1 kicks ass lol, but i couldn't make it anywhere to watch it
Last edited by bandt at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by Guitar Guy21
I'm moving to St. Cloud in under a month.

I live in St. Cloud, what brings you up here?

Quote by r0ckth3d34n

If you think Texas is redneck, come to Minnesota. Sometimes I wonder how the south could be any worse.

Yeah MN varies a lot, very liberal in the larger cities and full of rednecks pretty much everywhere else.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Last edited by thsrayas at Jul 27, 2009,
Page 1 of 2