I just got an electric guitar and have been playing for around 4 1/2 months (Only a few days on electric). My friend has an acoustic with a plugin thingy so it can be amlpified. He has played for aroubda year and a half, but not as seriously as I have. He is great with chords, open and barre, and i'm quite a lote better at lead playing.
He has small perforamnce coming up (Not a gig, there will be about 50 people ranged from 6-50 years old, just a performance to thank the music teachers at the school and helpers etc...) and he said that he would like it if I came along, especially if I get my electric by then.
I did, get it, so i'm wondering, what are some good song that an acoustic an electric can do together? I tend to listen to heavier stuff (Metallica/Iron maiden all the way to Cannibal Corpse) whearas he listen to softer stuff (Foo fighters, SOAD, disturbed)
A band we both like though are the White Stripes. Any of there songs/similar styles that would go well with acoustic and electric together?

TLDR: Good songs that aren't to heavy or to difficult, that sound good done in an electric acoustic duet?
Wish You Were Here would fit the bill nicely. Everyone knows the song, and if you get a nice warm tone with your electric, it'll sound killer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Just to let everyone know, there won't be a singer. It will just be 2 guitars. I'll see if my friend likee Wish you Were Here. Good suggestion, keep them coming.
since when do foo fighters, SOAD or disturbed count as softer bands? really?

any way, maybe something like pink floyd's wish you were here would work. its really an acoustic song, but there are a couple solos. plus you could use the electric to spice up the verses some, or just double the guitar for those parts. there are lots of songs where this type of thing would work, just listen to some of the more acoustic sounding songs on some albums you guys have. then find something with two guitars and the two of you could play it.
Quote by GoldfishMoon
whearas he listen to softer stuff (Foo fighters, SOAD, disturbed)

What the ****?

Uhm. Something by the Goo Goo Dolls.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I knew someone would post the same song as me within the same minute! Also, if neither of you can sing, you could work out the vocal melody and play it on your electric while he plays the verse rhythm. I don't know if you'd be able to do it, but you should try! It's simple enough, really.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by jof1029
since when do foo fighters, SOAD or disturbed count as softer bands? really?

Compared to Cannibal Corpse?