Hey Chaps.
Basically my dilemma is that a band I used to be in has been asked to re-form for just a one off gig, chances are we wont get paid, but it should be a sort of good laugh and we all miss playin together.

The downside is that towards the end it was a lot of stress being in the band, egos flying around everywhere and to be honest as I matured I started to think we weren't very good, Also it's going to be very hard to get time to practise together, and chances are that I'm going to have to re-teach most of the songs to the guitarist.

So what do you guys think? Should we Do it?

Here's a link to our myspace page there's a song on there, sorry for not just putting it in my profile I dont have the original mp3 file anymore

Pinero
Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha! Hey, hey hey. Hey ha!

Sure, if you've got the time, go for it.
yeah, why not? unless their egos r still all over the place...if u feel the attitude towards this gig is the right one, it might be fun and all...
cheers dude....
I don't think it will take that long to re-learn the songs if you guys were tight and dedicated in the first place. Most of the songs would be in muscle memory, just waiting to be unlocked.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Thanks for your opinions guys, I think I might go for it. The others are a lot more enthusiastic than me. Mainly on the basis that I'm the one who's going to have to sort everything out. I'm not quite sure if I have the energy for it but i'll give it a go
We did it. 25 years later. Even after that long, it comes back to you pretty fast. We just did 5 songs.

It was so much fun, 3 of us are still playing together about once a week. No big dreams, just having a good time.
I'd totally do it. My band, Young Mosaics, broke up. No hard feelings, just different plans. We sounded good and I enjoyed playing guitar in it. Of course you are talking about a totally different situation, we didnt really have any ego clashes or anyone not feeling like we were very good. I think it'd be awesome to reunite with an old band after a couple years.

I think your recording is pretty good. If you guys can get over your egos, I think you guys would have a good time. DO IT!
Do it, but make sure all of your friends are there, and make it a hell of a night. Advertise it as your last show, ever.

My old band was gonna do that, but my drummer went on a national tour with another group, my bassist was intolerable in organizing this, and me and my guitarist had our own acoustic project, anyway. It's hard to get organized, but if you can, then do ittttttttttt.

By the way, our band is actually back together now, as that drummer left the other group, and we replaced the bassist. So you never know, maybe you can do it in a more permanent manner!
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Quote by Young Mosaics
I'd totally do it. My band, Young Mosaics, broke up. No hard feelings, just different plans. We sounded good and I enjoyed playing guitar in it. Of course you are talking about a totally different situation, we didnt really have any ego clashes or anyone not feeling like we were very good. I think it'd be awesome to reunite with an old band after a couple years.

I think your recording is pretty good. If you guys can get over your egos, I think you guys would have a good time. DO IT!

Ha. We're back and it was only 26 days.

Just do it.