Im gonna build a crappy-ish shred guitar. This is mostly for fun.

Heres what im gonna do so far.
1) Refinish it with a fluorescent paint job. (Pink, Yellow, or Green, not sure yet.)
2) Make it single pup.
3) Ebonize the fretboard.
4) Tung oil the neck

And thats possibly all...any suggestions or ideas are welcome?
You could get a liscensed one. I know they suck, but still. Plus wouldn't redoing the fretboard with ebony take just as much time/cash/effort?
I thought loads of shred guitar had a neck p-up too for more cleaner sounds?
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Oi...Im gonna stain the fretboard till it turns black, aka ebonizing.

And, its a bc rich neck pickup, its muddier than paris hilton's vagina...and i've always wanted a single pickup guitar lol.
as long as its a agathis, its worth it...
but realy, only if you can get on off ebay or somthing.

+1 to the fluro paint!!!

ohh and im not to sure about being a shred guitar... but i guess
ive set mine up totaly differant, the bridge is very high up, and strings for a 7 string on there, then tuned to A. hehehehe.

go for it /stuck.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Insomniac35
I thought loads of shred guitar had a neck p-up too for more cleaner sounds?

No.
Shred guitars are too Br00T4Lz for clean sounds.

Anyway, You could change the hardware also. (Volume knobs etc)
Changing the PUPs is a must.
Honestly I dont think it's worth the hassle of a floyd.
Just get a nice TOM.
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
But this is a bronze warlock...so its not worth it lol.

well seeing hes only doing low cost modifications i think itll be worth it

if he was sinking alot of money ino it thatd be a different matter
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Crizzle
No.
Shred guitars are too Br00T4Lz for clean sounds.

Anyway, You could change the hardware also. (Volume knobs etc)
Changing the PUPs is a must.
Honestly I dont think it's worth the hassle of a floyd.
Just get a nice TOM.

I was thinking of buying a duncan blackout and throwing it into my kh602, and putting the EMG81 into the warlock...

I have black volume knobs for it already..possibly will need new tuners since i lost the stock ones lol.

And i know its not really a shred guitar.more like it should be thrown in the shredder..but it was my first guitar and im just gonna have fun with it.
Quote by Spaz91
Fire decals will make you play faster

I was thinking racing stripes and checkered flags....possibly even a confederate flag to hlep me pull off those dimebag solos?
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
And i know its not really a shred guitar.more like it should be thrown in the shredder..

dude, you just need to clean it and set it up properly, there a good guitar.
if you hate it so much, ill have it....

anyway, give it a new lease of life, its worth it.

will it be solid colour, or something differant?

ive allways wanted to do a all fluro swirl.. totaly 80's acid trip...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
dude, you just need to clean it and set it up properly, there a good guitar.
if you hate it so much, ill have it....

anyway, give it a new lease of life, its worth it.

will it be solid colour, or something differant?

ive allways wanted to do a all fluro swirl.. totaly 80's acid trip...

Im just being sarcastic, and a smart ass like usual.
Its a decent guitar if set up properly, the only thing i dont like is the low fret height, but i can live with it.

I was thinking fluo green with some black pinstripes on the bevel edges.

Something simple, but sleek...and maybe a design where the neck pickup should be? I have no idea what that could be though...
dunnoh about black sides, it will make it less 80's...
maybe neon, and contrasting neon bevels?

or neon, with several differant neon colours splatted on there... heheh.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
dunnoh about black sides, it will make it less 80's...
maybe neon, and contrasting neon bevels?

or neon, with several differant neon colours splatted on there... heheh.

Im liking the neon/neon idea lol

Which combo would look good is the question...
Quote by Ali-b912
You could get a liscensed one. I know they suck, but still. Plus wouldn't redoing the fretboard with ebony take just as much time/cash/effort?

you could flush-mount it, rather than having it floating. this should make it a bit more stable tunily, and looks more 80's.
Yeah I just went with a steriotypical Brutal look with my Bronze which is acctually better now after I worked on it a bit that POS that you have can be one of your best guitars giving it some time and effort.

Maybe a floresent Pink like in poisons-nothing but a good time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqjGywYOI8&feature=PlayList&p=C6BA18D66762C86E&index=0
There are also some good color choices in that vid too.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by Unherolike
Yeah I just went with a steriotypical Brutal look with my Bronze which is acctually better now after I worked on it a bit that POS that you have can be one of your best guitars giving it some time and effort.

Maybe a floresent Pink like in poisons-nothing but a good time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqjGywYOI8&feature=PlayList&p=C6BA18D66762C86E&index=0
There are also some good color choices in that vid too.

Wow..i totally missed that vid when i was watchin some 80's hair stuff lol

CC's lavender hollowbody with the yellow pick guard made me feel all happy inside....
Hmmm...i may do a lavender body with a bright yellow pickguard and bevels?
(i can mack a pickguard btw...it has a plexi one i made for it on there already...opinions?
i think u should make it flourecent pink lined with flourecent green, and if u want a watermelon, just add black dots.
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Quote by guitarmankyle
i think u should make it flourecent pink lined with flourecent green, and if u want a watermelon, just add black dots.

I thought about that...but it seemed TOO cheesy lol.
but still NO ONE would expect that on a warlock
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
SO does anyone have ideas for the fluo paint job...im kinda stuck..

If anyone is good with ps.that would help alot..

I really like the green on Michael Keene's guitar (its brighter In person)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_9XTC88OJM

The paining thread is an amazing reasource. I've gotten so much help from it.

I say you make it yellow with a bigass pink inverted pentacle in the middle.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Pink and yellow seems quite badass....reminds me of pink lemonade :]

And in the end, i would not be satisfied with a watermelon warlock lol.
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
Pink and yellow seems quite badass....reminds me of pink lemonade :]

And in the end, i would not be satisfied with a watermelon warlock lol.

Pink lemonade that you squirt in your enemy's eyes.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Pink lemonade that you squirt in your enemy's eyes.

i should put a cupholder and a twisty straw on it
Alright...update...

Nothing has actually been done yet, just planning so when i do get things rolling..it all comes together quickly.

I ran everything by my dad, and hes gonna pitch in some money to help me get this beast done. Also, i fine tuned what i want to do.

Probably going to do a fluo pink paintjob.
New tuners from guitar fetish (the locking sperzel style ones...any input on the quality of them?)
Possibly new pickups, gonna keep both after all. Im looking at the GFS ones and seeing the prices i like. Anything else cheaper with decent quality im open to as well.
Going for a bluesy/rock/crunchier tone since i cant get that with my emg equipped guitars.
Push pull knobs for both.
Possibly the wilkinson style bridge from Guitar Fetish as well (input is appreciated on fit and quality.)

I also need a new neckplate...will a regular strat one fit on there?
A little update...sorry about not having pictures.

Im in the middle of painting at the moment. I went for an automotive finish in Monster Green. I finished staining the neck, and have a set of 81/81 EMGs that are going into it. Really stoked about it coming together. I need to get it done before i ship out though
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Awesome
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I'm working on my Warlock too. All my parts are coming in relatively soon. I'm putting a GFS crunchy rail and a crunchy PAT I think it's called. Pretty much all the parts are GFS so I'll tell you how they are for future reference.

I'm sanding mine down to natural and my girlfriend is going to draw designs all over it with a wood burner.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm working on my Warlock too. All my parts are coming in relatively soon. I'm putting a GFS crunchy rail and a crunchy PAT I think it's called. Pretty much all the parts are GFS so I'll tell you how they are for future reference.

I'm sanding mine down to natural and my girlfriend is going to draw designs all over it with a wood burner.

I thought about a natural finish...but i wanted something bright and sexy. But hell, tomorrow i'll start painting, pretty damn excited its coming together. I havent played this beast in so long, that alone makes it exciting.

And ya, i'd love to hear about the GFS pickups. Something about cheap and quality makes me curious, ya know?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Last edited by BreeBreeMiikey at Mar 3, 2010,
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I thought about a natural finish...but i wanted something bright and sexy. But hell, tomorrow i'll start painting, pretty damn excited its coming together. I havent played this beast in so long, that alone makes it exciting.

And ya, i'd love to hear about the GFS pickups. Something about cheap and quality makes me curious, ya know?

I'll wire them once I get my Jackson fixed up and tell you how they are.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Update:

No pics, because there is no way to get em on here with these damn internet computers...

I had drips after the first spraying, so i smoothed those out and resprayed. There are some dust specs and what not, so ill sand those out and should be able to buff on monday or tuesday.

Also, since i cant afford new black hardware (already have the knobs) is there anyway to sandblast or scuff the crome to paint it flat black?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Concidering that it's a Bronze series if you

1) replaced the pick ups
2) replaced the hardward
3) redid the electronics with new pots and stuff
4) swapped out the neck
5) then put a new body on it

You'd have a great guitar! :-)

Sorry about that, I just felt like being a smart $## tonight. Carry on.
Are you still planning on getting a new bridge? I have the wilkinson wraparound from GFS and quite frankly it sucks. The lack of saddles just makes any adjustments tedious and palm muting doesn't sound as good. It's also kind of bulky when you're palm muting. I'd go for either the badass style one from GFS (http://store.guitarfetish.com/chbastinwrbr.html) or this one from stewmac. I'm going to switch out the wilkinson for one of those once I get the money.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by BreeBreeMiikey

I own the exact same set Blade slinger is getting.
They really are good pickups, the cruncy rail is very chunky with lots of bass and the PAT is not too bassy making it perfect for the neck, but it is still smooth.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H