I tried searching for a thread, but nothing really came up.

This year I got into the school's Jazz Band. I'm loving it, but I don't think I'm getting the right sounds at the moment. Currently, I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. I'm not feeling the jazzy kinda sound that I want, and I like my Epi for things outside of Jazz Band, so I don't really want to change the pickups in that.

I've been GASing for a hollow/semi-hollow guitar for ages now, and now I kinda have a reason to get one.

Being in NZ, we get **** prices for just about everything guitar related. Hell, I even buy my strings online from America. An Epiphone Dot here costs a grand, and that's money I do not have.

I found the XV-900 on GuitarFetish, and I'm in love. I can't really try it out here, there are barely any people that have them here. If I were to get it, I'd probably swap out the neck pickup for a GFS Mean 90 to cover the P90 bit of my GAS.

That would come to about $800NZD, which I'd be happy with. That includes the P90 and a hard case, which is much more than what I'd get with the Epi.

Does anyone have any experience with the XV-900 that they could share with me? Or the Mean 90? Or any objections.
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
I'm gonna hate doing this, but bump.
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
lol selfbump
be careful becoz some loser might report you for that so watch out

anyhoo, they are pretty decent for the price and you should be happy when you do the pup swap...the only thing to worry about is shipping especially with a hollowbody, get it witha hard case to keep it safe

have u thought about an ibanez semihollow? My mate has one and he got it for 700AUS brand new and its a really really good guitar.
I'll second the Ibanez suggestion. I used to have a semi-hollow Ibanez with a bigsby-style trem. It's the only guitar I really regret getting rid of.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
omg is that Justin Dawkins in your pic...from the darkness....the greatest british rock band of the 21st century?