After I learn all the positions revolving around the CAGED shaped for the major scales, what can I use it for other than improvising? I realise all songs are somehow revolved around the major scale, but are there any songs Icould learn that are directly related to the major scale, like they only use the major scale or something?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob as you can see..
You can use the major scale to improvise over anything in a major key.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
You can use the scale and thus the notes you have learned. On any song in the key of C major, A minor, E phrygian etc.. (there are more, but since your into metal A minor and E phrygian are really useful keys) Example:
Enter Sandman is in E phrygian.... Just analyze the songs to find their root etc....
Quote by AlanHB
You can use the major scale to improvise over anything in a major key.

Knew I was missing something why it was so important

But if I want to play a sng as it is, are their any songs out there (rock/metal) that are directly using the major scale, not just parts of it, so I could use it as an example of how to effectively use it?

And the chords to put under a solo in the key of lets say, G, would have to be the chords that fit under the G major scale, G,A,B,C,D,E,F#,G right? But what about major and minor chords? Can I use a minor chord or 2 and still keep it major or vice versa?
Quote by Antis0cial
You can use the scale and thus the notes you have learned. On any song in the key of C major, A minor, E phrygian etc.. (there are more, but since your into metal A minor and E phrygian are really useful keys) Example:
Enter Sandman is in E phrygian.... Just analyze the songs to find their root etc....

I'm not too familiar with phrygian.. Could you go a bit deeper please so I can understand?

Are you saying that because it is in E phrygian I can solo over it with the E major scale?

Again as I said I'm not familiar with modes.
Quote by Lollage123

But if I want to play a sng as it is, are their any songs out there (rock/metal) that are directly using the major scale, not just parts of it, so I could use it as an example of how to effectively use it?

And the chords to put under a solo in the key of lets say, G, would have to be the chords that fit under the G major scale, G,A,B,C,D,E,F#,G right? But what about major and minor chords? Can I use a minor chord or 2 and still keep it major or vice versa?

Yes you have to look at the Major and Minor chords, look notes which the triad uses.
So if you are in the key of C Major. You would play a C Major chord(C,E,G) but an A MINOR(A,C,E) and not A Major (A,C#,E)
Quote by Antis0cial
Yes you have to look at the Major and Minor chords, look notes which the triad uses.
So if you are in the key of C Major. You would play a C Major chord(C,E,G) but an A MINOR(A,C,E) and not A Major (A,C#,E)

Ah I get it, because its in the scale/key right?

Thanks, thats enlightened me, but still is their any metal songs directly influenced from the majro scale that I could see with my own eyes how to use it well?
Once you get them major scales under your fingers, working things out will be easier as most melodies stick roughly to these scales.
After I learned them all fluently I remember sitting away for a week or 2 with alot of weed and working out David Gilmoure's lines from the Wish You Were Here album and Bob Marley's vocal melodies from Rastaman Vibration. Alot of it just involved pentatonic scales with colour notes from the major scales.
Thats good to know. Does it still apply for metal as well? Like the melodies relatively sticking to the major scale?
Quote by Lollage123
Thats good to know. Does it still apply for metal as well? Like the melodies relatively sticking to the major scale?

Metal doesn't commonly use the major scale.. they use mostly phrygian and minor.

BUT! if you take E phrygian or A minor... They have exactly same same notes as the C Major scale making them modes from it.

and there are a lot and I do mean A LOT metal songs in E phyrgian... so if you find one in it, you can use the notes from the C major scale on it to improvise, just try not focussing on t C as root but E
Quote by Lollage123

Sure can. Just because a song is in the key of G major doesn't mean that it's the G major chord played continuously for an entire song. A song in the key of G major will use other chords that are made of the notes within a G major scale.

A common G major progression is G maj, E min, C maj, D maj. You can use the G major scale to improvise over this progression and don't have to change scales acccording to the chords. Try it out.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud