Heya guys,
Posted a thread earlier in the year about a darkfire based guitar with onboard effects (Fuzz/Distortion) while also integrating phase switching and coil tapping for both pickups :tongue
It's now almost finished and heres the pics i promised back then :biggrin:

Aight so heres the Details

-24 Fret Figured Maple Neck, Pre-slotted Rosewood Fingerboard with Graphtec Nut.
-Paua offset Dot Inlays
-Silky Oak body, Figured Maple carved top.
-Using 2 Humbuckers from Guitarfetish.com (fat paf & 59's)
-Not sure on headstock shape yet, might need templates.

-Installing a Silicon Fuzzface created for under $10 (Andrew_k)
-I'm aiming to install 2 miniswitches to activate Phase On/Off and Coiltapping.

Heres the Finish im aiming for

A Pretty Bad Mockup of what it'll look like (minus the gibson headstock)

The Neck Wood and Trussrod!

Silicon Fuzz Face

Parts from Guitafetish + Australian Luthier Supplies

Pickups

As a girl, walk up to a guy on a bike and say "Real guys ride Women" xD
Last edited by betajosh711 at Jul 27, 2009,

Damn these frets were a pain in the backside to work with. Didn't have anything that could cut them well so i had to dremel cut, grind and file these!

The cavity covers, mdf veneered and bound in veneer. The ones in the picture had a repair job which is why you can see some dark wood hanging off the corner.
The extra rectangular section in the cavity is to place 2 extra knobs and a switch on a perspex 'wall' so that i can control my 2nd effects from the back of the guitar without having to place unnecessary clutter out front.

Truss Rod Cover Outlined, It's been formed and now being glued to a veneer with my keyboard as a clamp/weight right this moment :tongue

Some markings for the humbucker routs. Had to chisel these eventually, 3 casual days of work opposed to 30mins on the router =/

3 days..

Heres the control cavity, you can see a small hole which is the wiring trench running all the way up towards the switch.

Some tools and a whole lot of leftover wood for finish testing.

Orientating the knobs

Drilled all pilot holes, pot holes/recesses, everything!

Tuners roughly shoved in, the top one might need a bit of filing as i've placed it too close to the lower one.

All that's left to do now is sanding then finishing!
~Reserved for finishing pics.
I need to convert this 5 way switch into a 3 way LP type. Wandering if anyone could help :S

Gonna add an additional modified schematic onto there afterwards.
Who made the guitar in the reference pic for the finish, or where did you find the pic? I love that finish!
Oh ok, thanks. I can see it now. I saw the logo originally but the type was too small for me to make out what it said. lol.
On another note, your guitar looks great! I admire the craftsmanship and attention to detail the most.
Quote by betajosh711
I need to convert this 5 way switch into a 3 way LP type. Wandering if anyone could help :S
Gonna add an additional modified schematic onto there afterwards.

Easy. Same site, different diagram.
Quote by I_Am_Blashyrkh
Oh ok, thanks. I can see it now. I saw the logo originally but the type was too small for me to make out what it said. lol.
On another note, your guitar looks great! I admire the craftsmanship and attention to detail the most.

Haha thankyou guys, but there's quite a lot of mistakes i've had to fix up. First guitar helps you learn quite a lot =D
Even the neck pocket isnt a perfect rectangle. it angles in a bit toward the top as the neck was built that way =/

Cedris thankyou very much! it totally bypassed me that a pushpull pot was essentially a pot with a switch =P i had ignored it thinking i 'had' to have particular pots haha.
Quote by cedricsmods
Easy. Same site, different diagram.

However i'm not entirely sure how i am going to wire that bridge pickup without that volume knob as i am using a single master volume situated after the pickup selector.