Hey Guys,

My Local store is selling a Marshall Mosfet Head 5210 for £145,i know that they are ss but is it worth grabbing because i think from the demos iv seen that it's not too bad should i grab it as my first stack??

Thanks
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
If it's an old 80s one, try to talk them down a bit. While they are pretty decent amps, that's a bit pricey for them.

And let me make one thing clear for the noobs.

THIS. IS. NOT. A FUCKING. MG. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, STFU.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
THIS. IS. NOT. A FUCKING. MG. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, STFU.

Well done sir. I would also try talk em down a bit, but you know if you liek it then whats stopping you.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
Well done sir. I would also try talk em down a bit, but you know if you liek it then whats stopping you.

what should i knock then down 2
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by nightraven
don't you already have a valvestate? this isn't that big of a step up. if you like the marshall-sound i'd save up for a proper marshall tube amp (or maybe one of the clones).

what you suggest for under £500
My Gig Rig...

Quote by nightraven

Not bad, I like the DSL's sound, I'm saving up for the DSL head myself.

Maybe try to talk down the price a bit, but I think that would be much better than a SS.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Jul 27, 2009,
TS, I checked your sig. Why so many amps? Sell what you have and put the money towards something better. The MOSFET is decent for a SS, but you could get it cheaper than that, never mind that you could actually get something better with the money you could make from selling some of your gear.

Also, why the big deal about "your first stack"? It's not like losing your virginity. A stack isn't the holy grail of guitar yummyness or cool.
My friend got his mad cheap, like 100 bucks at a pawn shop.. Didn't sound to good, i think it was broke though as i made wierd springy hollow noises and hissed when it was barely on 1... hahaha..
thanks nightraven,i need an amp that has outstanding cleans but also good distortion but distortions isnt really a massiv thing as i have a few good pedals that i like does the dsl do all this or should i get a different one
My Gig Rig...