I hate the the way that thing looks(yellow)

But for metal it's a great guitar in my opinion, fast neck, decent sound. For classic rock hower I would search for something different. Maybe a Les paul is better for you... Great rock sound, and good metal sound.
It's OK at best, the Edge III sucks donkey schlong though.

I'll just give my usual suggestions. Rondomusic.com or bust (Save up). But if you're reluctant enough to stretch to at least 500 or whatever Epi LP Standards prices are, I'd go with that.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Last edited by TheJem at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by TheJem
It's OK at best, the Edge III sucks donkey schlong though.

I'll just give my usual suggestions. Rondomusic.com or bust (Save up). But if you're reluctant enough to stretch to at least 500 or whatever Epi LP Standards prices are, I'd go with that.

You just gave him a site with hundreds of guitars... that's not gonna help him
Quote by Horlicks
Washburn X50 Pro, S470

Ya this surprisingly is pretty much perfect for you. Though what amp do you play? And what is your current gear?
dont think your gonna get much better than the ibanez, really dont understand this edge 3 think mines does insactly what it says on the tin. got the the rg350 and i really like it, handles more classical sounds better than you might expect.
Maybe it's more useful if you list some more specific music... Metal, classic rock has an awfulllot of tones.

Name some bands or something like that
You need to go and play a few in your price range. That way you get a guitar that looks, sounds and plays right for you. Most guitars are OK to play but you find just suit you better.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Horlicks
Washburn X50 Pro, S470

agreed. or maybe even one of the jackson pros.

main problem with the ibanez rg is the trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?