Hello!

My local store has a used Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special (very good condition) in with two DiMarzio humbuckers on it. I only have a short question - is this guitar any good for Death Metal/Technical DM etc music?

Thanks alot!

One more thing I've been thinking about. I own a Spider III and tbh, it sucks pretty badly. The tone is, well, OK but the pod tone is ALOT better, but as the spider is a modeling amp, I can't use the pod+amp together, which makes it ****. What amp would you grab, for about 350$, to use along with the pod for the kind of music I mentioned up there?

Thanks again!
Anything with a decent clean headroom should do you fine for the POD, but if you could get yourself a clean tube amp...though on your budget I dont see that happening.

As for the Wolfgang, go play it 'n' try it out!
You can use the pod with the Spider III.

Look through the owners manual, there's a way to turn off all the effects and amp modelling. Something about holding some button down while you power it on.

This was true on a Spider II anyway, not 100% sure on the Spider III, but I would think so.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
aight thanks guys!

As for the spider iii possability to turn off all of the ****, I'll have a look as soon as I get home from vacation

What about the guitar? Any inputs? I've tried it and it sounds good, however I don't have a vast experience of different guitars..
Eddie's wolfgangs are GREAT guitars. Should do well for metal.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
Eddie's wolfgangs are GREAT guitars. Should do well for metal.

i agree, i got to play one a couple months ago, they are really great guitars, very versatile. the neck is one of the most comfortable necks I've played on, i really loved it myself. Go try it out for and see how it works for you.
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
My friend owns one. It's a very nice playing guitar. The only downside is the tremolo (at least on his) is not floating, so you can only bend in one direction. This does however make the guitar easier to set up.

I think the average price on ebay for those is around $450-500.

And I wouldn't grab any amp for $350. I'd keep saving and buy a nice used head, and a cab.
I love that the Wolfgang style guitars come with a body-mounted floyd. You get all that sexy dive-bomb action while still being able to change tunings easily.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
thanks alot for the help!

I think I MIGHT have up to 400$ budget. But I don't know at all what is good and what is not

So far I have people saying:

Peavey Valveking
some others but that's +cab etc etc and I don't know about that so..

Any more at that price level?
I agree, the ValveKing would be a good bet for that price range.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Quote by Panikak
thanks alot for the help!

I think I MIGHT have up to 400$ budget. But I don't know at all what is good and what is not

So far I have people saying:

Peavey Valveking
some others but that's +cab etc etc and I don't know about that so..

Any more at that price level?

can you go used??
new = B-52 AT112
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
for 400 u could get the black heart bh 5 head with the acompying 1x12? and its tube and since u have a pod i dont think ull use the gain on the amp
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
When you're speaking about the Valveking, you mean the Peavey Valveking 112 yeah? That's the only valveking I find that's in the right price level.

However, I can't decide whether to buy a 7 string or an amp :/ It feels like an amp would be better to buy as it's, sometimes, quite boring to not be able to play through an amp :p But i'll definitly check the tip I got about the setting to turn all effects off my Spider.

Thanks alot for the inputs guys, UG is always a big help
I haven't gotten to play a good peavey. the only one i've played had a neck and action that felt like noodles over a baseball bat. personallly that left a bad taste in my mouth. Also, I think you could run it into a JC120 or a hot-biased vox.
Played alot of amps over the years, using several of today's processors, and amp sim / modeling processors.....

I totally agree on the Mosvalve stuff.....the MV-962 especially.....

Today's processors really shine through these amps.....