I have a Gibson LP with 3 pick ups.

Currently the pick ups are routed in such way that each pick up corresponds to one of the three switch positions:

Switch up - neck
Switch mid - middle
Switch down - bridge

I am not so fond of the middle pick up and would like to route the middle poistion of the switch so that it engages the neck and bridge together (i.e. like a normal Les Paul) thus removing the connection of the Middle pick up altoghether.

Is this a relatively simple thing to do?
Can someone kindly provide a step by step tutorial on how to do that?

Thanks
Get a normal 3 way LP switch and just dont connect the middle pickup is probably the easiest way.
Quote by Tackleberry
Get a normal 3 way LP switch and just dont connect the middle pickup is probably the easiest way.

As I said, I already have the 3 way switch installed as standard. It's just that currently the middle position is routed to the middle pick up.

But I want the bridge and neck running together when the switch is in the middle position. So it's not just a case of disconnecting the middle pick up, but actually routed the other two to the middle position....
yeah he's saying to look up HH 3-way switch, standard wiring schematics. add your volume and tone too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011