I think I'm into actual songs now, don't get me wrong, I love beatdowns and screaming and all the cool vocal ideas, but I just can't find a song I love from start to finnish. The only band I think come close to Metal that I love atm is Alexisonfire and their new album.

Please find me some good Metal tunes that are truly awesome from start to finnish.

Actually, I think the only band that does it for me now are Sikth, and they aren't going on anymore.

List me some good tunes guys

I have faith.
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Kreator-Enemy Of God
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Go to Opeth and Mastodon then "/thread" your own thread
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
I refuse to help you. This may sound really idiotic but since your avitar's Blink182 I don't think you really appreciate the MASSIVE difference in skill required to play and compose metal. No offence, but I don't think you really like metal. You probably like the heavy guitars and odd scream but your like my brother and wont really get into serious metal.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Breakdowns and screaming? You looking for core?
If so, check out Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, Architects, For The Fallen Dreams, Darkest Hour, The Human Abstract, Unearth, Underoath, Killswitch Engage? and Protest The Hero. If not, I wrote all this for nothing..

EDIT: I agree, Alexisonfire sucks..
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
I refuse to help you. This may sound really idiotic but since your avitar's Blink182 I don't think you really appreciate the MASSIVE difference in skill required to play and compose metal. No offence, but I don't think you really like metal. You probably like the heavy guitars and odd scream but your like my brother and wont really get into serious metal.

agreed
gear:
jackson kelly w/EMG 81's
fernandes revolver pro w/ seymour duncan and bare knuckle
ltd m-100fm w/ swineshead x-buckers
ltd kh-202 w/ EMG x-series 60 and 81
crate flexwave 120 combo amp
B.C. Rich JRV7 7-string(in the mail)
Can't really help you out if you don't like metal anymore

alexisonfire is a screamo band, not metal
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Last edited by Guitar_Kingdom at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

I too fear this is the case... check out the bands I listed though

EDIT: the cool vocal styles and all are there for a reason TS.. these songs actually have a meaning (as opposed to many songs today..), vocal styles like screaming are meant to bring the message more emotionally
Last edited by Fzau at Jul 27, 2009,
we all grow out of metal eventually anyway. its one of the most oversaturated genres in the history of music. There are far too many metal bands that become popular sheerly because they sound like other, good metal bands.

Opeth and Cynic - theyre the only "true" metal bands around today that are actually worth listening to.

But since you're listing alexisonfire at being the closest thing to metal you still enjoy, i might as well list the hardcore bands too;

protest the hero, the human abstract, fall of troy, lamb of God, mastodon, architects - all good bands, all painfully imitated by thousands of other bands.

you still like metal; you're just bombarded with too much of the same stuff

EDIT: and necrophagist, sorry. They're proper metal
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Last edited by jeowy at Jul 27, 2009,
We must save your mortal soul, and keep you into metal. Here are some of the songs that got me into metal in the first place, and that I still love:

Hypocrisy - Fusion Programmed Minds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUfUIQGWLww
Dark Tranquillity - Format C: For Cortex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cx0WMH24J0
Gojira - The Heaviest Matter of the Universe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEy2ZwzOu2w
Megadeth - 99 Ways To Die: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roYJyhFskJk
SYL - Aftermath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhD9PjVSU4I

That is my contribution. Hope you will see that metal is indeed worth listening to.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
^ oh yeah strapping young lad are good too
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
we all grow out of metal eventually anyway. its one of the most oversaturated genres in the history of music. There are far too many metal bands that become popular sheerly because they sound like other, good metal bands.

Opeth and Cynic - theyre the only "true" metal bands around today that are actually worth listening to.

But since you're listing alexisonfire at being the closest thing to metal you still enjoy, i might as well list the hardcore bands too;

protest the hero, the human abstract, fall of troy, lamb of God, mastodon, architects - all good bands, all painfully imitated by thousands of other bands.

I was inclined to partially agree

But then you edited

Wrong
Quote by destroy_techno
I was inclined to partially agree

But then you edited

Wrong

whats wrong with necrophagist? :S
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy

uhh no. Opeth and Cynic aren't even close to the best. They are decent, extremely accessible, inoffensive metal bands. I doubt you were ever really into metal either if you say "Buhhhh most of it suxx but opeth cynic and necrophagist are worth listening to!!!"

Seriously, what's with every idiot thinking they know all about metal. I'm waiting for the token fanboy to come in and say "Metal sucks but Children of Bodom is great lolol!!"
Quote by wh0racLe
uhh no. Opeth and Cynic aren't even close to the best. They are decent, extremely accessible, inoffensive metal bands. I doubt you were ever really into metal either if you say "Buhhhh most of it suxx but opeth cynic and necrophagist are worth listening to!!!"

Seriously, what's with every idiot thinking they know all about metal. I'm waiting for the token fanboy to come in and say "Metal sucks but Children of Bodom is great lolol!!"
for a long time, i was VERY into metal; at least once a week i did a serious search for new metal bands to get into. Admittadly i never really got into really brutal stuff, especially not black metal - but i heard enough to draw the same conclusion as i did about every other ridiculous subgenre of metal; it all sounds the same.

Look at any other genre of music; jazz, rock, electronica - theyve each had eras of a few dominating subgenres, in which a few bands have been the core proponents. In metal, a subgenre crops up, say for instance power metal, and we get "power metal fans" and thousands of bands that sound exactly the same, destroying the relevance and identity of the bands that defined the style.

Metal is a broken genre; the fans have destroyed it with their childishness

EDIT: im gonna expand on that last point some more actually; my evidence for using the word "childishness" is every metal fan coming into this thread suggesting that because TS listens to alexisonfire and blink 182, he cant POSSIBLY have heard much metal; the logic is that if someone had listened to metal properly, they by default would have discarded all "inferior" forms of music; this kind of pathetic idolatry of metal as a genre cant be found in such widespread affect among fans of ANY other genre.
Quote by mr.happyman
Last edited by jeowy at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by jeowy
i never really got into really brutal stuff, especially not black metal

for shame

And the "all metal sounds the same" argument is just ridiculous. please GTFO
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
for shame

And the "all metal sounds the same" argument is just ridiculous. please GTFO
i never said anything of the sort. i said each of the various subgenres of metal sound the same. so in reality, only about 30 metal bands exist; theyre all good, but each of those 30 metal bands have another 1000 bands apiece copying them.
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by stueey
I think I'm into actual songs now, don't get me wrong, I love beatdowns and screaming and all the cool vocal ideas, but I just can't find a song I love from start to finnish. The only band I think come close to Metal that I love atm is Alexisonfire and their new album.

Please find me some good Metal tunes that are truly awesome from start to finnish.

Actually, I think the only band that does it for me now are Sikth, and they aren't going on anymore.

List me some good tunes guys

I have faith.

Welcome to the metal forums.
Hardcore is ----------->
later mate
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by jeowy
Admittadly i never really got into really brutal stuff, especially not black metal

Black metal, brutal?
Black metal is atmospheric.

Anyways you and TS need to listen to Weakling and Alcest.

Weakling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PYxFq5NN1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxZU-vRbvcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJDLWn-hXs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_92u3KtajW4

Alcest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7S6eGDPvY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8uVxPI3gs
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by opticon
Kreator-Enemy Of God

I found that album to be terribly boring after the first three or four songs.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jeowy
i never said anything of the sort. i said each of the various subgenres of metal sound the same. so in reality, only about 30 metal bands exist; theyre all good, but each of those 30 metal bands have another 1000 bands apiece copying them.

Axenstar->Dragonforce->Sonata Arctica->Kamelot->Elvenking

5 bands right there in the exact same genere though sound nothing like each other.
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

you're a fudging idiot.
Quote by The Kreator
you're a fudging idiot.

Nah I agree, I enjoy to not allow an easy pass for trendy riff raff. I spent years finding out on bands myself and introducing myself to the genere why can't everyone else. You only truely enjoy it if your willing to put the time into it to find the bands you like.
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by jeowy

You're an idiot.
Everything you've said so far has reeked of "I know better than you, I know better than you" when you clearly know as much as a 3 year old on meth.
Quote by Sheepbane
Nah I agree, I enjoy to not allow an easy pass for trendy riff raff. I spent years finding out on bands myself and introducing myself to the genere why can't everyone else. You only truely enjoy it if your willing to put the time into it to find the bands you like.

Time and effort =/= quality of the bands you listen to.
Megadeth were one of the first bands I got into in metal and they own. Amazingly.
Cynic I found relatively late into my metal learnings. And they suck. Terribly.
I found Ne Obliviscaris last year, I found Cattle Decapitation this year.
NeO > Cattle Decap.
It doesn't matter how long you spend in a genre, you just have to listen to what you like, whether it's the latest Bring Me The Horizon album or a timeless classic like In The Nightside Eclipse or Tomb of the Mutilated.
Last edited by Magero at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by Sheepbane

No, I meant that he's an idiot for saying "Metal takes sooooooo much more skill than other genres of music, therefore it is soooo much better"

Some of it does, most of it doesn't.
Just keep listianing. I didn't fully enjoy metal earlier either the stuff i coudn't stand hearing like growling and shrieking are now the voices of angels to me XD It's something you get used to. old Children Of Bodom and In Flames got me into more extreme forms of metal so try them.
Last edited by NO11YOU at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by Magero

Time and effort =/= quality of the bands you listen to.
Megadeth were one of the first bands I got into in metal and they own. Amazingly.
Cynic I found relatively late into my metal learnings. And they suck. Terribly.
I found Ne Obliviscaris last year, I found Cattle Decapitation this year.
NeO > Cattle Decap.
It doesn't matter how long you spend in a genre, you just have to listen to what you like, whether it's the latest Bring Me The Horizon album or a timeless classic like In The Nightside Eclipse or Tomb of the Mutilated.

Great point
People should read this
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Yawn.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link