ok, before i get trashed for not going into the Band Name sticky thread--I did. And it didn't help.

Anyways, I've been thinking of starting an alternative soft rock band. (Think a Kaddisfly / JET mashup with a Bryan Adams-like throwback everynow and then.)
But I can't find a drummer or a singer.
So my question is: Would it be reasonable to have a solo soft rock act, or am I living in the clouds?

And of course my last tidbit is...well, I would need a name, even if I did it solo, since I already use my name as my instrumental acoustic act. Keep in mind it would be soft rock and it'd be nice to have somewhat of a family friendly name.

Thanks, ya'll/.
"The Unoriginal Kunt"
nah messing around

Am I misreading the question because it seems really simple.
You want to know if you could do a solo soft rock act? Of course you can...
All you need is to play guitar and sing, which is what you're already doing with the acoustic thing.
Correct me
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Solid S/hit
"The Unoriginal Kunt"
nah messing around

ahahahaha, your hilarious

Quote by Solid S/hit
"
Am I misreading the question because it seems really simple.
You want to know if you could do a solo soft rock act? Of course you can...
All you need is to play guitar and sing, which is what you're already doing with the acoustic thing.
Correct me

I can't sing very well. I can scream, just can't sing. Plus I know it COULD happen, but would soft rock soud good with only one guitar?
Yeah definitely, plenty of soft rock bands only have 1 guitar. It's mostly chords right? So harmonizing shouldn't be much of a big deal.

If need be you could just create backing tracks aswell, that could fill the void with bass and drums, or even a drum machine.
Worth a try regardless
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
You can only scream - not sing - and you want to form a soft rock solo act?! What the hell kind of material will you do? Acoustic versions of Slipknot?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
There's no point to playing a distorted guitar without drums. If you remember this one piece of advice, you'll be okay.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski