I'm looking for a versatile guitar, that can handle everything from cleans to blues to rock to metal.
I've been looking at the Schecter C1 Classic, but it's quite expensive in the uk and there's very few suppliers.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
I'd probably say a Jackson DK2 or some sort of HSS Strat (depends on what kind of metal really)
ohai little sig.
What about a nice Les Paul type? One of the most versatile sounds around. You can get a Burny for about £400, so nicely within budget. Their build quality is very good and there's lots of youtube samples to give an idea of how they sound.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Ibanez S470. I use one as a backup guitar live, but have used it in the studio.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
if you want something like the schecter (IMO, better) but cheaper, the washburn x50pro is pretty nice. at one point they were going for £300, but i think the price has increased to closer to £400 recently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I want something with a shape similar to the classic - not les paul shape.
And something with a nice neck. (Not fat and chunky like a les paul).
hence my washburn x50pro suggestion... ibanez sz might be worth a look, too, though its neck might be too thick (and the pickups won't be as nice out of the box- no problem if you'll be upgrading, but if you won't, or won't for a while...)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you want something like the schecter (IMO, better) but cheaper, the washburn x50pro is pretty nice. at one point they were going for £300, but i think the price has increased to closer to £400 recently.

Do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this.

So yeah you should like check out the Washburn X50 pro it's got a suberb list of features for it's price.
Ibanez RG, or Ibanez S series.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Dave_Mc

You sir, have owned this thread!
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this, do this.

So yeah you should like check out the Washburn X50 pro it's got a suberb list of features for it's price.

i can't believe that u actually typed 'do this' like a million times
Quote by Dave_Mc
This! The X50Pro is a great guitar, especially for the price!

I think Machinehead still has a spalty in stock if you are anywhere near London
Quote by Aditya_ram
i can't believe that u actually typed 'do this' like a million times

copy paste works a treat
cheers guys
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is the X50 spalty the same as the normal x50 except for the spalted maple - does this significantly change the sound?
probably not. though obviously each guitar will be slightly different, but all things being equal, it's going to be extremely subtle, if even noticeable, i'd have thought.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out the Ibanez S series too

It's probably worth walking into a store and play the S470 and the X50 and see which one you prefer.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO