Page 1 of 2
Im doing a speech around that. One that it leads to violence,,i got some proper articles that prove theres no PROVEN relationship. What would be another kool idea. Any ideas would prove helpful hoes...Thanks
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
Death Metal doesn't cause violence or mess up your mind.

It just causes crap taste in music.
Signatures Are Stupid
music doesn't influence your personality or your actions.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Death metal causes terrible grammar and spelling.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
lol if only you knew. I typed it in a really bad way just incase my teacher decides to look it up, that way she can't find my post. But anyway, yes my grammar isn't the best. Sure is better than atleast 70% of Americans though, so yay.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

Quote by rabidguitarist
Death metal causes terrible grammar and spelling.

Deth Metol?
if you listen to death metal you will go blind, and grow hair on your palms

oh wait, thats something different.......I think.....

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Show Me Your Claws.
Quote by greendayguitar

Symptoms include increased violence, thirst for blood, fascination with death, necrophilia, pedophilia (a mix of the two), excreting blood from sexual organs, delusions, looking like a diglet, killing sprees, and other serious side-affects.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Does coffin fodder by cradle of filth count as death metal? then thats the only DM song i like...

Any suggestions similar to that one?

Also, not specifically death metal, but what about the dope misconception part??
Quote by luv090909
Does coffin fodder by cradle of filth count as death metal? then thats the only DM song i like...

Any suggestions similar to that one?

Also, not specifically death metal, but what about the dope misconception part??

Cradle of filth does black metal.
I meant that song specifically, I dont really like any of their other songs

Thanks though
What you could mention is that although these people who have commited there violent acts may have listened to this particular genre you have to look at it from a psychological view in that those people would have had an underlying mental health problem and the easiest thing for people to blame it on was their taste in music. Nobody does anything from listening to music or playing video games unless they've had the idea before hand and they are just slightly twisted.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Last edited by Into The Unknow at Jul 27, 2009,
TS, I have to say, awesome idea. However, I think you're going to have a difficult time, even with survey proof, that death metal doesn't lead to angry people. I know what you're talking about, having the music kind of vent it out, but unless there's a good bit of metalheads in your class, it's probably gonna be a btch to convince everyone else.

That being said, I think you should do the speech anyway. Even if you or everyone else thinks it sucks, at least you can show that you stand up for what you belive in.

EDIT: Find and if you can, bring in songs that show death metal is not just random noise (intro to Lack of Comprehension- Death), or try bringing in sheet music for it, something that shows it was actually composed (most people at my school are convinced anything heavier than Three Days Grace is four or five people doing random sh*t on their insturments)
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Last edited by COBHC145 at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
You have to have long hair/no hair, tattoos and a beard to play it.

Fixed
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
That 99.3% of death metal comes from Scandinavia.

SPOILER: The above is not, strictly speaking, true. But I think it is. And I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Last edited by Section 5 at Jul 27, 2009,
Wow I hate about 60% of the people in this thread

Quote by metaldud536
Cradle of filth does black metal.

Only the first CoF album is black metal
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by metaldud536
Then what the hell is the rest?

A bad attempt
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by metaldud536
Then what the hell is the rest?

Gothic metal with black metal influences

Have you ever actually listened to black metal? (Borknagar, Burzum, Mayhem, etc.)
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I can't help but make fun of Dani.

EDIT: ^ So hairy men and women.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Symptoms include increased violence, thirst for blood, fascination with death, necrophilia, pedophilia (a mix of the two), excreting blood from sexual organs, delusions, looking like a diglet, killing sprees, and other serious side-affects.

I beleive those are side-effects of 4chan.
Quote by Chaosinborn
I beleive those are side-effects of 4chan.

Maybe Corpsegrinder got the diglet look from Wow.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Marwanbaki
lol if only you knew. I typed it in a really bad way just incase my teacher decides to look it up, that way she can't find my post. But anyway, yes my grammar isn't the best. Sure is better than atleast 70% of Americans though, so yay.

If your teacher decides to check for plagiarism by Googling "death metal," a guitar forum isn't gonna get her attention. *head shake*

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

You can't argue that a music makes a person violent or not violent, cos everyone takes these things in different ways.

For example, I was listening to some Death the other week, my mum comes in and goes "I hate that stuff, it sounds like the devil" or something to that manner.
Where I just see a different way of using the voice as an instrument.
I also know other people who think it's incredibly pumping/angry music (in good and bad senses) and all this.
So what's to stop people thinking "This music makes me feel violent"?

Though this is the same with loads of genres.
Page 1 of 2