As i was playin november rain, i switched to the bridge humbucker on my guitar from the middle position (3 way switch) and suddenly it sounded very harsh and trebly for no reason i could see, because it had been playing fine just an hour ago. Any speculations to what might have caused this problem?
-Jake Blackwood
wiring problem?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
but would that cause the sound of the pickup to change dramaticaly?
-Jake Blackwood
this happened to me. it means the coil is messed up, or even broken at one point. it's kind of an expensive fix, and it's easier to just pick a new pup.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
ohk... their crappy duncan designed anyway. Im planning on either dimarzios or GFS pups to put in soon.
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
crappy duncan designed

You watch your tongue.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
really that may be the way it should be. the bridge pick up has alot more treble nad bite to it then the neck pickup. try turning down the tone knob if its not the kinda tone your looking for.
Quote by guitarsftw
this happened to me. it means the coil is messed up, or even broken at one point. it's kind of an expensive fix, and it's easier to just pick a new pup.
If a coil is messed up then there will not be any sound at all. It's much more likely that the user's ears just got accustomed to the bassier mid position sound and was surprised by how much more treble he got from the bridge when he switched.
no. it always sounded better than before it suddenly changed
-Jake Blackwood
Last edited by guitar351 at Jul 27, 2009,
I had that problem too!
My Pickup was completely broken and the Neck Pickup sounded more agressive
Then I just bought a Dimarzio
Quote by al112987
If a coil is messed up then there will not be any sound at all. It's much more likely that the user's ears just got accustomed to the bassier mid position sound and was surprised by how much more treble he got from the bridge when he switched.

i'm just telling him what a tech told me
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Could your guitar wire have broken? It could be a problem with the coil as well...
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp