Hey guys, I have a Fender VibroChampXD and a Vintage Lespaul Sunburst guitar.
I've been practicing on some Avenged Sevenfold songs but I can't seem to get the right "metal" sound out of my amp. I don't really know what to do with all the buttons I have on my amp, i've been poking around some but its not really working out.
If anyone could give me some help trying to figure out the settings then that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
hmm I'd say buy a pedal. Dont Buy a metal muff
GEAR:
Vox AD30VT XL
Jackson DK2M Dinky Trans. Black
Fender G-Dec
Razorback DB Black
EHX Metal Muff
Originally Posted by Kaasflipje
Metallica. I don't get what's so awesome about Master of Puppets.

he's awesome because he pulls strings
some sites have the settings for tones like metal, rock, glam etc. I'm not sure if fender does though.
But usually people will tell you to smack the gain up to 10 or buy some pedals. or they tell you to keep on messing around with the settings

sorry for being no help

edit : when i learnt a few avenged songs, i didnt look for a metal tone. I just used a tone i liked(that i had already) and for the solo's i just soaked my guitar in reverb and got rid of the treble...but that was for the slow solos.............
you'll probably need some treble for most of their songs
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Jul 27, 2009,
^not all metal has scooped mids...in fact, not a lot of it does anymore.

your main problem is that your vibro champ is not a metal amp. Either get a new amp or get a distortion pedal. you can always get a cube or vypyr for the same amount of money it would take to buy a pedal.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
^not all metal has scooped mids...in fact, not a lot of it does anymore.

your main problem is that your vibro champ is not a metal amp. Either get a new amp or get a distortion pedal. you can always get a cube or vypyr for the same amount of money it would take to buy a pedal.

+1

And alot of bands as thought of as having scooped mids but its farthest from the truth.. Just because you scoop an amp that doesnt mean the band tone is scooped.

And like stated go with a new amp or distortion pedal...
Well I thought Avenged Sevenfold was metal, and Avenged Sevenfold is about as far as I wanna go into metal-ish music. (Or Bullet for my Valentine)
I just wanna make my amp sound a little more like the Avenged Sevenfold ones T_T
Any help on that ?
Quote by Kanduz
Well I thought Avenged Sevenfold was metal, and Avenged Sevenfold is about as far as I wanna go into metal-ish music. (Or Bullet for my Valentine)
I just wanna make my amp sound a little more like the Avenged Sevenfold ones T_T
Any help on that ?

Well, I'd call them Hard Rock, I think Avenged Sevenfold use Mesas or Bogners, & Bullet for my Valentine use high gain Peaveys of some sort. So I'd suggest a pedal along the lines of a Blackstar HT-DistX (if your bedget alows)
Is there any way I can do it with just my amp ? Theres ALOT of options to set on my amp and anything that sounds close to them is fine. I'm not planning on getting anything new atm except for a case and new strings tommorow.
Quote by DoomsdayArsenal
Boss Metalcore pedal. Seriously, awesome distortion pedal.

please dont listen to him. if its just bedroom use, you can pick up a vypyr for 100 bucks.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
ok ts, ill try to help in the way youre actually wanting lol.

i dont own the amp, so i dont know all of its features. Try to find one of the amp models that has a lot of gain. then set the eq and gain all at 5. first mess with your bass control. i like to keep it high enough to get a good chunky tone, but low enough that it isnt muddy or farty. next go to treble. this is a lot of preference. you dont want it to high or too low though. id keep it around 4-7. just mess with it. then your mids. you dont want to scoop them all the way out, but sometimes a little sounds good. you also might like them higher, i dont know. id say around 3-5 if yoou like lower mids, or 6-8 if you like them high. now the gain. try to make it go as high as possible without sounding mushy and gross.

sorry if this didnt help much, a condensed verison would be: find a high gain setting, set knobs at 5, tweak each one til you are satisfied
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by sg622

please dont listen to him. if its just bedroom use, you can pick up a vypyr for 100 bucks.

Have you ever used a Boss Metalcore? It is exactly the sound he is wanting, and Fender amps take very well to all pedals when used on the clean channel. Why would he want to get rid of such a nice amp he already owns when the pedal is cheap? Don't insult genuine opinions born of experience when you have likely never used the pedal. Even a tone snob like me can appreciate a Boss that just happens to be of good quality.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe