Somebody on HCAF posted this over the weekend and I thought that it looks really cool, and seems like it could really save a lot of tuning/string hassles IF it sounds good and works as advertised. The summer NAMM video of it makes it seem pretty darn neat. I just ordered one, but it's back ordered @ the moment. I will do a review as soon as I get it.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DropTune
That'll be cool if it works, although I'm doubting it.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
That'll be cool if it works, although I'm doubting it.

The NAMM video of the product in action was pretty impressive, it did NOT seem to color the tone at all and is true bypass. I've got high hopes!
This is the exact pedal i've been looking for, for AGES.

I seriously hope it works well (im sure it will, only a pitch shifter after all) so i can play in B standard and D standard on the same strings
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
This is the exact pedal i've been looking for, for AGES.

I seriously hope it works well (im sure it will, only a pitch shifter after all) so i can play in B standard and D standard on the same strings

I have been looking for something like this for ages too.
It's not cheap but not outrageously expensive either. Supposedly they are hard to get though and there is a waiting list.
Considering this would eliminate the need to buy extra guitars i think the 200 dollar price tag is very reasonable. Hell, i think that i would pay up to 300-400 bucks if it did what its supposed to do accurately and save me the trouble of lugging around my standard, low-tuning and backups.
Quote by Chaosinborn
Considering this would eliminate the need to buy extra guitars i think the 200 dollar price tag is very reasonable. Hell, i think that i would pay up to 300-400 bucks if it did what its supposed to do accurately and save me the trouble of lugging around my standard, low-tuning and backups.

Exactly. My only worry is the sound with distortion, and then the sound with distort at gig-volumes...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
My friend uses the pitch shifter (I think, maybe it has a detune?) on his RP200 to do this and it seems to work fine. But I've never played around with it too much.

I've also wanted something like this for a long time... I think I'll end up buying one if they work well.
I have a huge fear if rays.
The DigiTech Whammy has done this forever, but if this does it better, then it'll be worth it...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Has anyone bought the pedal and tried it out yet??
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
I'm very interested in this as well.
I don't think it's available yet,
The sound quality (well, at least the tone) in the Namm video on Youtube was pretty bad. I'd be interested in seeing higher quality videos of this.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I want it just to screw around with. I am a semi newb who plays mostly in standard tuning and this pedal would allow me to goof around with some detuned songs...
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
Has anyone got theirs hands on one of these yet?
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
Bump up to the top..has anyone tried one of these yet??
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
Will favorite this page haha
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
According to Sweetwater, their not shipping until mid October.
Wow, that looks pretty neat. But yeah, the sound quality of that demo wasn't great. I'll wait for some decent demos on YouTube and maybe try one out before I buy one.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
The available video clips don’t sound particularly good. Various $2,000+ Eventide units do exactly that (apart from many other things). And they do EVERYTHING ELSE really great EXCEPT when you try to detune....that’s when they start to sound pretty bad, not much better than the Digitech Whammy, where all ‘whole-guitar-detuning’ attempts sound quite awful, particularly when you play full chords....tried several different Eventide harmonizers, but always ended up using a detuned guitar that sounded 100 times better than an “electronically detuned” guitar in standard tuning. If they can make something really decent-sounding for $200, then they are absolute geniuses!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Anyone on UG bought this pedal yet?
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
I finally went to Guitar Center and I was hoping that they had one in stock to try out..but they didn't. Sooooo, has anyone of UG tried this bad boy yet???
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II