I've seen them.
I've seen a real 1956 Fender Strat.

You can't compare the two. They don't sound the same and they don't play the same.

No matter how you look at it, both guitars are a huge waste of money. But the Road Worn series is way more of a rip off than the REAL 1956 strat.

Don't waste your money or time on one of them, if you want a strat, get the Standard or American Standard.

Oh and the 1956 Strat is in way better shape than those lame Road Worn series. Why buy a beat up guitar without a history?
yeh thats what i thought.
Any ideas where i can get a strat, for no more than £500?
I may be going to New York christmas time, so that may be my best bet
Good luck aging up an american standard, if you don't want to refinish it first. It'll chip, not really 'wear' like you think.

The roadworns are actaully pretty good guitars. If you really want to wear one yourelf, build/buy a partscaster with some thin nitro finish, or get one from a small builder like nash or k-line or any of the other numerous guys that can make a relic or something finished in a thin nitrocellulose lacquer that you can wear yourself
I'm not really a fan of paying an extra almost 400 dollars canadian for a guitar that's been beat up. I will say this though. The necks on those things make me wanna *insert explicit comment here*
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Good luck aging up an american standard, if you don't want to refinish it first. It'll chip, not really 'wear' like you think.

The roadworns are actaully pretty good guitars. If you really want to wear one yourelf, build/buy a partscaster with some thin nitro finish, or get one from a small builder like nash or k-line or any of the other numerous guys that can make a relic or something finished in a thin nitrocellulose lacquer that you can wear yourself

What I'm saying is don't relic it, let it age naturally BY PLAYING IT FOR YEARS AND YEARS!
than you'll has a guitar with character. same thing with the pre-torn jeans, it's stupid.
I would just buy an American Standard Strat or Tele if I were you.

For $712 USD (500 euros) you can probably buy a used American Standard Strat.
What I'm saying is it won't wear the same way as the old ones, no matter how much you play it, unless you take that nice, shiny, bullet-proof finish off. Buy something that will age if that's what you want, not an american/mim standard
The only guitar I can imagine looking beat up to death is the Strat...
It doesn't fit the Tele at all.

I'm probably gonna have to buy an American Strat. Just something to add to my growing collection.

I really wanna buy my guitar teachers Epi Tele...
Just get a highway one and play the hell out of it.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by DotSick
Just get a highway one and play the hell out of it.

+1 [if you WANT aging]
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I've seen the relicing done on it and it's really really bad and fake. I mean you'd have better luck relicing your own and the fretboard wear well looks really really really fake.
Its a mim strat which ur paying them to beat up for you.

Its also upto £300 on some models, i would prefer doing it myself over the years so i can point to a mark and show my mates i did that when 'insert stupid comment here'!!

Dont get one tho seriously
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
+1 again to the highway one series.

That is their finish's purpose to age nicely and a little quicker than others and at a better price too.