Hi ppl...I can tell that everybody at least likes few 80s metal songs,if not all of them.They just "glow" energy,and they are very instrumental,in relation to today's music.So does anyone know how to get that 80s guitar sound,what pedals,which effects to experiment with and such as... peace
[*VintaGe KrameR*]
Pump your mids and drop the bass....
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
You'll want something british voiced most likely.
JCM is 80's metal up the ass. Crank that **** up loud, crank the mids, play a power chord or two, and youve got it
or, you could buy a 5150 and just crank all the knobs to 10 like eddie van halen did
Thx ppl...Anyway...Does anyone know those 80's guitar tricks?Like what do they play,do they play power chords,or they add something else to it?
[*VintaGe KrameR*]
Thx ppl...Anyway...Does anyone know those 80's guitar tricks?Like what do they play,do they play power chords,or they add something else to it?

just play it, ok?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by VintageKramer87

you know, the 80's guitarists where quite mad skilled
You like it
OK, 80's metal can mean a lot. You might want to specify what kind of sub-genre we're talking about.
I was thinking about...hmm...Let's say i would like to get that Autograph,Quiet Riot,Ratt,and similar effect sounds...I thought of that...And I am aware that 80s guitarists are mad skilled...That's why I really learn the guitar,i don't play from tabs...
[*VintaGe KrameR*]
Gain, chorus, delay. Maybe a little phaser or flanger. EQ.

The trick is to get the gain without the hiss...
Quote by VintageKramer87
I was thinking about...hmm...Let's say i would like to get that Autograph,Quiet Riot,Ratt,and similar effect sounds...I thought of that...And I am aware that 80s guitarists are mad skilled...That's why I really learn the guitar,i don't play from tabs...

Oh, then you'd want good amp gain with a touch of effects (pretty much chorus or a nice, short delay). Add some more delay and some reverb for leads, and make sure you have a Floyd, and you're halfway there.